Monday Recap for April 15, 2013
Check out some interesting genealogy related articles from the past week!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Warning! Don’t do THIS (Nutfield Genealogy blog) – A good warning to all genealogists – keep your old paper journals
- Medial records useful in genealogical research (Examiner.com) – Great explanation on how medical records can be helpful in genealogical research
- Auschwitz survivor’s social media search for long-lost twin (CNN) – Auschwitz survivor Menachem Bodner looks to Facebook to find his long lost twin brother
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jon Hamm’s Roots (The Huffington Post) – Genealogist Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak traces Mad Men star Jon Hamm’s roots
- Grandfather’s hidden photos inspire Holocaust film (MSN News) – A man’s discovery of his late grandfather’s photographs inspires him to make a documentary
- Toad Doctor, Leech Bait & Eater of Mortal Sin: How Our Ancestors Earned a Living in the 18th – 19th Centuries (The Huffington Post) – Did your ancestors have any of these unusual occupations?
- A soldier’s long-lost Civil War ring is returned to his family in Pennsylvania (The Washington Post) – A relic hunter returns a long-lost Civil War ring to family
- Newbiggin Genealogy Project aims to map town’s ancestry (BBC News) – A man aims to trace the family history of an entire town
- Monday Recap for April 8, 2013 – Last week’s recap
- Family Tree Tuesday – John Huston – Learn more about famed director John Huston’s family tree
- Your Family History Discoveries - Have any interesting family history discoveries? Share your stories with us!