Monday Recap for November 25, 2013
Take a genealogy break with these great articles from the past week!
How My Sister Tracked Down a Family for Old Photos Found in a Thrift Store Dresser / Family Tree Magazine
The Genealogy Sphere
- How My Sister Tracked Down a Family for Old Photos Found in a Thrift Store Dresser (Family Tree Magazine blog) – A treasure trove of photos discovered in a dresser is reunited with its family
- Scattered by storm, mementos find their way home through Facebook (The Chicago Tribune) – Facebook helps bring together lost mementos from the recent tornado in Illinois
- Genealogy and Family Gatherings: Make the Most of Them with Genealogy Secret Weapons (The Huffington Post) – Make the most of this Thanksgiving holiday with these genealogy secret weapons
- 24,000-Year-Old Body Shows Kinship to Europeans and American Indians (New York Times) – Scientist study the genome of a 24,000 year old boy found in Siberia and were amazed to find partly European and Native American ancestry
- The Love Letters of Max and Pearle (Imgur) – Love letters found in an attic give insight into a love story that would never be
- Monday Recap for November 18, 2013 – Last week’s recap
- Royal Family: Celebrating 66 Years of Marriage - Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip celebrate their 66th wedding anniversary! What’s the longest lasting marriage in your family?
- Remembering John F. Kennedy – In honor of the 50th anniversary of John F. Kennedy’s death, we take a look at his life and legacy