Monday Recap for the Week of Dec. 6-12, 2010
We’re quickly approaching the end of 2010, which means two things: (a) lots of family time in the next few weeks, and (b) it’s time to start planning for the 2011 conference schedule.
The Genealogy Sphere
- Genealogists are easy people to shop for (The Joplin Globe) – Lots and lots of easy, thoughtful gift ideas for genealogists.
- National Genealogical Society planning for 33rd conference (Mormon Times) – It’s time to start planning for this year’s conference in Charleston, SC.
- 1st tech convention brings together techies, users (Tampa Bay Online) – And for the tech savvy, the RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City in February will be a great place to learn about all of the innovation happening in genealogy.
- Family hangs handmade Christmas ornament for 100th year (York Daily Record) – Impressive milestone. In my family, there’s no way an ornament would make it a century without being lost or broken
- Interview – Zach Kempf of The Generations Project (Geneabloggers) – Lots of information about The Generations Project. WDYTYA isn’t the only genealogy show worth checking out.
- Blogs of Genealogical & Historical Societies (Adventurs in Genealogy) – Good list of bookmarks for historical and genealogical societies.
- Graveyards at Disneyland? Weird Finds at the ‘Happiest Place on Earth’ (Aol.com) – Talk about an expensive cemetery to visit…
- Your Family’s Name Was Not Changed at Ellis Island (The Journey Takers Blog) – Leslie’s humorous and informative take on the genealogical myths of names changing at Ellis Island.
- Featured Project: U.S. Westward Expansion/Wild West – Some very interesting profiles from the Westward Expansion of the United States.
- Holidays with Your Family – Genealogy tips for your upcoming family visits.
- Sources, addiction, and aha! – A guest post by Grant Brunner about sourcing, and his genealogy addiction.
- Family Tree Tuesday – Albert Einstein – We profile the late physicist.
- Geni is available in the Chrome Web Store – Another way to access Geni.
- Monday Recap for the Week of Nov. 22-Dec. 6, 2010 – Last week’s recap.
Last Week’s Highlighted Profiles
If you are interested in sharing links with us for our Monday Recap’s, please feel free to contribute by creating a new discussion in the Geni Blog project. Just paste the link to the article and why you think it’s valuable to the community.