Today’s Release: Notifications and More
Today we introduced some improvements to the site. Details and release notes are below.
Latest news box is back on the homepage. You can use this area to post updates to your family and followers.
Notifications have been improved. You will now receive an email to notify you when someone starts a discussion about a profile you are following. In addition, the notification count in the header will reset to zero every time you check it. You’ll now only see a number if something has changed.
Burial location is now available for pros to edit on all unlocked public profiles. As fields become trackable in the revision history, they will be available for pros to edit.
Profile hovercards are available in more places. When you mouse over the names of immediate family on a profile, or in the compare profiles page during merges, the hovercard will appear. This should make confirming information about profiles prior to a merge easier.
Full Release Notes
- The latest news box has been added back to the homepage.
- Adjusted birth surname default in the tree so that adding a husband to a female profile does not pre-populate the field.
- Burial location is now editable on public profiles. Curators may lock this field on master profiles.
- Email notifications are now sent when a new discussion is started on a profile you manage. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, you may update your notification settings.
- Hovercards added to the compare profile page and the immediate family box on the profile page
- Notification alerts now only show new notifications. The numbers will reset once you view the dropdown.
- Updated maiden name to birth surname on in profile privacy settings.
- Resolving data conflicts should not result in a newsfeed story if you choose all the values from the main profile column since nothing has changed.
- Fixed county name replacing city name in location details.