Thanks for bearing with us while we add more capacity and improvements. As requested, here’s an update on how we’re doing.
Last night we set up several more webservers, so Geni should be performing much better for you today. (There have been a few hiccups this morning, and we’re ironing those out now.) We’re also working to address your most pressing issues, based on the feedback we’ve received. For example, this morning we added support for accents and other non-Latin characters, which was one of the top early requests. Among the items we’re either evaluating or working on right now:
- Importing family data
- Adding unmarried partners
- A better way to add same sex partners
- Better support for adopted children
- Merging duplicate family trees created independently by relatives in the same family
- Better deletion features for the tree and list view
- Support for people who show up in the tree more than once (multiple marriages between two families)
- Printing family trees
- International keyboard support
Finally, we also wanted to let you know that we appreciate all the email and comments you’ve been sending us. Please keep them coming!