GEDMatch upload

Started by Private User on Friday, September 2, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
9/2/2011 at 11:23 AM

I've just gotten genotyped at 23AndMe and I'm interested in seeing if any of my DNA matches' blood relatives share common surnames with my blood relatives. There's a website that will do this: GEDMatch.com

But when I Import my Geni GEDCOM there, it doesn't recognize anyone whose name is not in caps. I've emailed the site administrator, but has anyone else tried to upload a Geni GEDCOM to this website?

Private User
9/2/2011 at 11:48 AM

I was able to get it to work by taking my Geni-created GEDCOM, uploading to Ancestry, and exporting from there.

If anyone at Geni is interested in seeing the two GEDCOMs side by side, I'm glad to send them along.

9/2/2011 at 12:58 PM

Hi Rolando, I will send you a message letting you know where you can send the GEDCOMs so we can take a look.

9/2/2011 at 1:08 PM

Many programs have the option to change last names to all caps when you import them. If you have one, it would be the easiest solution.

Private User
9/2/2011 at 1:22 PM

I looked at the GED again, and it doesn't seem to be the all-Caps thing. I'm not sure what it is. Thanks, George. I'll send you the files along with a link to what the imported version looks like.

But really: it's not your problem. :-)

9/5/2011 at 5:16 PM

Hi Rolando, where do you upload the GED file? I got one from Genes Reunited (from a relative) and would like to upload it here.
Any help would be appreciated!! :))

9/5/2011 at 6:15 PM

Mila Vukojevic

I am sorry to advise you that GEDCOMS cannot be uploaded to Geni, just downloaded...

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion