Plane crash off Isla de Juan Fernandez, Chile

Started by Ben M. Angel on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
9/3/2011 at 8:41 AM

This one is probably one of those "forlorn hope" sorts of requests, but anyone out there with any information on the Chilenos who lost their lives or who are still missing in the plane crash that happened yesterday? I've been tasked with writing obituaries and survivor profiles (should anyone turn out to have survived... at this point one can only hope) by the English-language publication I work with down here, and would welcome any assistance in researching information on the victims.

The passenger list of the flight was as follows:

From Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN) –
1.Felipe Camiroaga,
2. Roberto Bruce,
3. Sylvia Slier,
4. Carolina Gatica
5. Rodrigo Cabezón.

From Desafío Levantemos Chile (charity foundation to aid building efforts after the 2010 earthquake in Chile):
1. Felipe Cubillos,
2. Sebastian Correa,
3. Joel Lizama,
4. Catalina Vela Montero,
5. Jorge Palma
6. Joaquín Arnold.

From the cultural advisory (Consejo de Cultura):
1. Galia Carolina Díaz Riffo
2. Romina Isabel Irarrázabal Faggiani.

From FACh (Chilean air force):
1. group commander from the Department of Communications, Rodrigo Fernández,
2. department journalist, José Cifuentes.

From the crew:
1. 26-year-old pilot Carolina Fernández (considered a heroine for rescuing a PDI investigator from the Andes who was suffering a pulmonary edema in July in the same plane which has now disappeared),
2. Flavio Olivo,
3. Juan Pablo Mallea,
4. first sergeant Eduardo Jones,
5. Eduardo Estrada
6. Erwin Núñez.

From: http://ilovechile.cl/2011/09/03/official-list-passengers-chilean-ai...

The TV personalities are actually being handled by another reporter. Many of the other individuals may prove to be more a challenge.

If there is anyone out there that has family that was involved with the crash, or knows someone that does, please get in touch with me. I'd be very interested in getting accurate information that can be put together in as respectful a way as possible. Many thanks.

9/3/2011 at 12:44 PM

More information on the victims exists now at:

http://ilovechile.cl/2011/09/03/year-33-21/29494

I guess we are also looking for pictures of the individuals who don't have photos on this page. Again, any help or clarifications would be appreciated.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion