Started by Private User on Monday, September 5, 2011

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
9/5/2011 at 9:51 AM

See Fasti Ecclesiae Scoticanae, iv, p. 202 for his article. He was married twice more, 2 Mary ANDERSON & 3 Rachel, dau Colin ADAMS, min. Anstruther Easter - with further issue.

The article in Fasti for his father vol V, p. 304 states mother of his kids to be Lucrece CAIRNCROSS [It has a comment – ‘he is said to have m Eliza dau Jno SINCLAIR, dean of St. Andrews’]. You quote the DNB article which also has Lucrece. One of his daughters was Lucrece.

Do you have some overwhelming evidence to counteract both of these publications?

If not then why have you got his mother as Elizabeth SINCLAIR??

And somehow an additional given name appears to have been invented for him. He only appears in things I've seen as plain old Alexander, yet we have Andrew Alexander. This creativity baffles me; obviously I'm greatly disadvantaged by not going to a Montessori or some such.

Private User
9/5/2011 at 12:12 PM

A revision. IGI gives wedding of Rachel, dau Colin ADAMS to Alexr PITCAIRN as 1659.

Therefore his son George's birth date is wrong, or his mother was Rachel. She was his widow in 1697 -

ADAMS, RACHEL: relict of Mr Alexander Pitcairn, sometime Rector of Univ of St Andrews, with children: Joseph, Rachael, Jean & Anna; Discharge to Alexander Nairne of St Ford; 18 Dec 1697 [CC20/11/6]

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion