Claes Gerritsz VanDeWater

Started by Aron Vandewater on Monday, September 5, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
9/5/2011 at 3:25 PM

Hello I'm looking for information on Claes Gerritsz VanDeWater (Water). His birth date, death date, marriage date and who his parents were. If you can supply me with this information please let me know. I'm desprately searching. Thank you very much for your time.

-Aron

9/5/2011 at 10:23 PM

Hello Aron! It's a challenge. As you're probably aware, the Claes first name and the Gerritsz patronymic are very common. Also, the Water or van de Water family name may be toponimic. Perhaps searching the Drillenburgh name (of Nelletje, Claes' daughter in law, may yield more clues.
I can't find his son's birth in Rotterdam's online records - but it may just be a matter of spelling. For instance, you may need to look for variants like 'Waeter'.
I think there must be records that could help, somewhere. Probably you learned that Claes' grandson Benjamin cam to New Amsterdam ahead of his family, but that he died very soon. In order for his family to claim his property or land titles, there must have been written communication. Of course, all that may not yield more info on the grandfather.
I'll look out for more clues.
In the meantime, check out the New Amsterdam projects on Geni, where we're pulling together the family trees of the earliest immigrants.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion