• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 1 post
Private User
9/11/2011 at 12:27 PM

Melissa,

It was such a pleasure working with you at our part time job waitressing at Skinifatz in Lorton in 99/00. We use to have a lot in common, we both loved dancing and singing karaoke. I still go to Skinis and it never fails, as I walk in I automatically turn my head to your picture on the fireplace mantle. As long as I live I will never forget you, thank you for coming into my life at the time.

*** Posted by Karina on 2011-09-09 ***

Melissa,

It was such a pleasure working with you at our part time job waitressing at Skinifatz in Lorton in 99/00. We use to have a lot in common, we both loved dancing and singing karaoke. I still go to Skinis and it never fails, as I walk in I automatically turn my head to your picture on the fireplace mantle. As long as I live I will never forget you, thank you for coming into my life at the time.

*** Posted by Karina on 2011-09-09 ***

Look at all the flowers for people visiting here, Missy. You were much loved in life as well as death. And while it is true that you can no longer come back to those who loved you, those who love you can one day come to you. God bless you always. Glenda Findley and family.

*** Posted by Glenda L. Findley on 2011-08-29 ***

As we approach the 10th Anniversary of 9/11 you have been on my heart Melissa...I know you are having a wonderful time in heaven but your Mom misses you very much. See you in heaven someday sweetie.. Love ya

*** Posted by Judy Ann Lockwood on 2011-08-29 ***

Melissa Rose Barnes gravestone

We did not know Melissa, but are grateful Patriotic Americans and thankful for her service to our Country.
We are members of the California Patriot Guard Riders and participated in the laying of Wreaths Across America December 11th 2010.
We had the honor of visiting Melissa's grave and laying a memorial wreath next to her paying our respect and giving thanks, saying a prayer for her family and may this Hero Rest In Peace.

*** Posted by Donna & Dave Hayder on 2010-12-12 ***

Missy,

I love you more than life itself, and you are still, and always have been, my sister, my best friend, and my light. I miss you every day, and I hope you hear me when I visit you every year on your birthday. :-) (That's just between us ... what I say! lol) I miss you more every year, and I hope I'll see you again someday. Life isn't the same without you. Come what may ... I will love you until my dying day.

*** Posted by Crystal Lee Sheehan on 2010-01-31 ***

I love you.

*** Posted by jennie gonzalez limon on 2009-12-04 ***

I just want to let everyone know that her birthday is November 28th. This is her only favorite goddaughter. And I miss her very much. She is the only one I can think of caring. And I miss her sister, Jennie, too.

*** Posted by jennie gonzalez limon on 2009-12-04 ***

Melissa was the first person I met at the Pentagon when I was assigned there eight years ago tomorrow. She was really sweet to me and overall just a cheerful person to be around. I'm not surprised that she touched so many people's lives in a positive way.

*** Posted by Len on 2009-02-12 ***

Dear Missy,

I miss your letters and phone calls and the pictures you used to send me. I was looking through an old album the other day, and there were pictures of you and Jennie as my flower girls when I got married. I know you are in a better place, but I also know those who loved you would have loved to have you here with them. God bless you, sweetie. 'Til we meet again.

*** Posted by Glenda Findley on 2008-02-10 ***

Missy we love and miss you terribly. Thanks for watching over us Cuz. We know you're dancing with Andy Gibb now...

*** Posted by A&K on 2006-07-04 ***

You are a true gift from GOD. I think of you daily. I miss your smile the most. You could brighten any room just by your simple smile. If that didn't work your love for life did! You are missed here, but needed in heaven. Someday we will meet again. Until then I feel safe knowing you are watching over all of us from heaven. Everytime I hear a funny joke I think of you. You had a lot of good jokes to share with me. I hope you are keeping everyone in heaven laughing as you did here. God bless your family.

*** Posted by Rainey on 2005-12-16 ***

THIS IS MELISSA RORE WENZEL I KNEW HER AS WELL WE USTE TOX CSHEARE THA SAME IRTHDAY AND HAVE TEA PATTISE TOGETHER AS WELL ILL MISS HER 2

*** Posted by Anonymous on 2005-06-22 ***

DEAR BILLY IT JUST CAME TOMME FROM WHAT BILLY THIS IS OH YH MY BROTHER SAID HeLlO AND.i MISS YOU ALOT.

*** Posted by melissa rose wenzel* on 2005-06-22 ***

I was stationed with Melissa in Meridian, Miss. in the summer of 1999. We shared the same birthday, March 29th.
We were the same age and a few years older than most of the students at "A" school there. I remember her well. She was just about as crazy as me. Crazy in the sense that we always made each other laugh. Riding around in her little red Pontiac with the "RYCHE" license plates, blaring 80's music and singing like no one was listening.

Melissa, I will never forget you. You touched my life and I have pictures of us together on my wall. I'll see you again someday, friend.

Briley Wideman (former PN United States Navy)

*** Posted by Briley Wideman on 2004-10-13 ***

I don't think I can adequately convey the depth over the loss of Melissa, my younger daughter. She was as alive as a person can be in life, always in motion, always seeking out people to be friends, always being a friend, loving her job and coworkers, loving her family, especially her sister who passed away on July 17, 1999. When Missy died, a part of me died too and I have not been the same since. Maybe they never will be. But I do try to remember the untold number of good memories we have and I know she and Jennie are waiting for me up past the rainbow in that land where we never grow old. I cannot wait to see them again! God bless all those who visit here and those who write. If you were a friend or coworker of Melissa, just remembered how much she loved you and how much she loved life itself.

*** Posted by Mom on 2004-01-23 ***

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion