Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 7 posts
Private User
9/13/2011 at 1:14 AM

When you prompt the system in regard to adding a document, it opens a new page with three posibilities:
Upload a new document
Add a link
Create a document.
I added over 1400 documents, and every time I do it, all my followers receive a message about it and have the opportunity to study it, comment on it and learn new information.
I realized that when I "create a document" it doesn't receive the same attention of being "publisized", and therefore my followeres don't learn about it.

I would like to hear your opinions wether giving it the same treatment as newly uploaded documents is warranted, and if the answer is positive, as I hope and suspect, then one of our curators should bring it up with the right people.

Private User
9/14/2011 at 12:38 AM

We have taken this theme up with Geni staff in a curator discussion.

I agree that creating a document manually should create a similar event as if you uploaded a document.

Private User
9/14/2011 at 6:54 AM

If it hasn't been added, you could do a post in the Feature Requests. Then we could give it a thumbs up.
http://help.geni.com/forums/337266-feature-requests

Private User
9/14/2011 at 11:49 AM

@Bjorn P. Brox
@Jeff Gentes
Thank you for your comments and the link to Feature Requests.
I posted a copy of this discussion there... go and give t a thumbs up.

Private User
9/14/2011 at 12:29 PM
Private User
9/14/2011 at 1:18 PM

@Bjorn P. Brox
You are a big help.
I clicked on your link and saw one thumbs up, but did not see a prompt where I could add my own, so I wonder what other people see, and if they can give a thums up, or must add a comment.
Please enlighten me.
Thanks

Private User
9/14/2011 at 1:26 PM

I don't think you have an option to vote on your own suggestions. That would not be fair...

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion