Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Nicole
    Geni member
Showing all 10 posts
9/14/2011 at 12:59 AM

I hate to say it, but I was born in 1982, not 83. LOL

9/14/2011 at 4:07 AM

I have sent the profileowner, James, a message.

Private User
9/14/2011 at 5:47 PM

I'm not sure why I am listed as the owner of her profile. I believe she is a distant cousin. I did not post her Family (Dunn) information. Possibly she was listed by her sister Shelby Warren (Dunn). Someone can remove me as the owner of this profile or I will do it if they can't.
James Lambert

Private User
9/14/2011 at 11:07 PM

I would suggest that Nicole Stankowitz take over her own part of the tree to ensure privacy because these profiles should by default not be public either.

Give us a hint.

Private User
9/15/2011 at 4:44 AM

Just to clarify, we don't own profiles on Geni. We manage them, and sometimes there is more than 1 manager of a profile.

Private User
9/15/2011 at 5:29 AM

Interesting you say that Tammy. The Geni Terms of Use say: "After posting your Content to the Geni Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content".

So that suggests to me that profile content is owned by whoever puts it on Geni. So on the one profile, one person may own the birth date, another the place of birth, etc.

9/19/2011 at 3:55 PM

Private User Why don't you just send Nicole Stankowitz a message, get togerther, be friends, collaborators and family,and sort this out.

9/19/2011 at 7:36 PM

I'm not upset at all! LOL I just wasn't sure how to change it.

Private User
9/20/2011 at 7:21 AM

Nicole
I assume that you have changed the year as it appears to be correct now. Feel free to change what you wish as it is your profile. There should be a way to remove me a the manager of your profile.
Jim Lambert

Private User
9/20/2011 at 2:54 PM

1. Nicole shows who updated the birthdate.

2. James if you add Nicole Stankowitz as manager of Nicole
then you can then delete yourself as manager.

3. I think the more appropriate action is to merge the two Nicole profiles and then Nicole will be fully connected up to the rest of her family profiles on Geni and will be able to edit, add, set privacy, etc. as she wishes.
I knew how to do that under the old rules. I don't know now how you do this under the new rules given that Nicole is not a Pro member.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion