changing case

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
9/20/2011 at 6:22 AM

When I joined Geni I found it easier and quicker to enter names in one case but this does not look good and even where I only entered the surname in caps, this is now, in a computer age frowned upon which leaves me with masses of work going into edit on each profile and typing all the names in mixed case. I can't be the only person in this position. It would be much easier if on the node there was was an option to 'change to mixed case' perhaps under 'more'

Am I the only one to think this?

9/20/2011 at 8:13 AM

I would welcome a way to change UPPERCASE surnames to Mixedcase. It would probably need to be an option an option in the "Edit Profile" window. The only problem would be is that it would then clutter up the UI and be visible even for the majority of profiles that are already fixed.

Another way of doing it would be to add a "Mixed Case" option to the hoverbox on the tree view. Clicking it would fix it for that person's surname. But my preference would be that clicking it would actually fix it for that person and their spouses and immediate children. This would speed things up considerably.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion