Somewhat Minor Data Entry Bug

Started by Private User on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 2 posts
Private User
9/21/2011 at 12:37 AM

Alright, so this bug only happens when you add multiple people at a time from the tree view, by clicking "more" -> "Add immediate family"

Alright, so when you add daughters in this method, the "birth surname" field is not recorded off the parents' surnames. Whether you change the daughters "Last Name" field or not, neither scenario records the parents' surname as the daughter's "birth surname" and so you have to manually go in and add the surname in for each daughter manually.

Test it out and you'll see that I'm right.

Also, if middle name could be added as a field to that data entry display that would be awesome, because I usually only use that method of data entry if I ONLY have names. If I have birth dates or other more complicated data, then I just do each person one at a time, but if I have a list of children, I often also have their middle names, and it would be nice to add it all at once, but I understand if you're trying to keep your windows small for the tiniest possible monitor resolution.

Anyways, keep up the great work Geni!

Steve Bice

Private User
9/21/2011 at 12:38 AM

And I'll note that when you add a single person, directly from the tree, that data entry window pops up and has successfully inherited the family surname as "birth surname" in the case of a daughter.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion