Georianna Marie Ruel Haggard

Started by Richard Rydant on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 1 post
9/22/2011 at 5:51 AM

Hello to all the Ruel family. My name is RiK Rydant , 2586 Lucas Tpke, High Falls, NY 12440 rrydant@verizon.net and I am doing research on the daughter of Georgianna Ruel. Georgianna Ruel was married to the British diplomat Godfrey Haggard. She lived from 1885 to 1980. Their daughter, Virginia Haggard , was the companion of the artist Marc Chagall from 1945 - 1952. Marc and Virginia lived in High Falls, New York from 1946 to 1948. I am from High Falls , NY and the curator of the Chagall in High Falls Exhibit now on display at the D & H Canal Society Museum Chapel from Sept.2nd to Oct. 30th. Virginia was married to John McNeil when she lived with Marc Chagall. They , Virginia and Marc, had a son, David McNeil and Virginia's aunt, Tante Phine, came down from Maine to assist with taking care of the baby and Virginia's daughter, Jean. I would like to know the aunt's real name and how she is related to Virginia. I think she was the sister to Georgianna Ruel, posssibly Josephine Ruel Jenkins or Marie Alphonsine Ruel Roy? I would also like to contact any descendants of the aunt that may have any information about Virginia's stay in High Falls, NY. If any other members of the Ruel family have any information about the Virginia/Chagall connection I would like to discuss this with them. Thaks in advance for taking the time to read this appeal, RiK Rydant in High Falls, NY

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion