A Play on Buffalo Soldiers

Started by Private User on Friday, September 23, 2011

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
9/23/2011 at 10:58 AM

* "Buffalo'ed, A Sweeping, Timeless Tale Mirroring Today's Personal Upheavals" - A play about Black soldiers in the Philippines 1899. April 4-29, 2012 produced by the San Jose Stage Co. For more info: www.Jeanniebarroga.com

Private User
9/23/2011 at 7:57 PM

Vidda, you must be in the SF Bay area, too.

Private User
9/25/2011 at 9:01 PM

Yes, I am. You?

Private User
9/25/2011 at 11:04 PM

South San Jose.

9/26/2011 at 1:57 AM

Yea, California Dreaming!

Private User
9/27/2011 at 10:17 AM

Naw, not dreaming. I've lived here almost all my life. Born in the Philippines, grew up in San Francisco, currently living in the East Bay. Hey, Maria, interested in going to the National Cemetery in SF and taking pictures of the Buffalo Soldiers' headstones with me. We can make it a day and if the weather allows, make a picnic out of it! But first I have to research exactly where and which are the headstones.

Private User
9/27/2011 at 11:31 AM

That sounds like an excellent plan. I just got a new digital camera that does wonderful outdoor shots. I work from home so i have a very flexible schedule.

I have been in California since the early 70's. I lived first in the Gold Rush country, then in the Central Valley and have been in SF Bay area since mid-80's. I'm a Mid-Westerner by birth but my family moved a lot (career-Navy father). It feels good to have finally put down roots.

There is a genealogical conference in San Mateo in early October. Will either of you be attending?

Private User
9/27/2011 at 5:56 PM

Know nothing about it. The major portion of my experience with Genealogy has been primarily personal but it's been an amazing ride that's included discovering relatives in the Philippines, Germany and U.S. East Coast. Most recently, Mona helped me in making my Grandfather's profile a Master Profile. She and I have been trying to connect to discuss the possibility of my becoming a "curator," as well as joining up the team for projects involving the Philippines.

So tell me more about the conference? I'm interested. Also, when would you like to do the Buffalo Soldier field trip? Gotta be soon before the weather shifts.

Private User
9/29/2011 at 5:44 PM

http://www.familyhistoryexpos.com/expos.aspx

here are the fees -
Registration Fee - $ 95
Friday Only - $ 60
Saturday Only - $ 60
At the Door - $ 120

location is
San Mateo County Event Center
2495 S. Delaware Street
San Mateo, California - 94403
650-574-3247

As for a trip to the cemetery, my schedule is very flexible. I'm semi-retired and work from home. My husband is gone most weekends from April to November, so weekdays are great and weekends are possible. Suggest three or dates that work for you and we'll make one of them work.

Private User
10/5/2011 at 1:52 PM

Sorry for delayed response. What is the exact date of the conference?

Unexpected visitors from out of town. Anyways, my days are also flexible -- semiretired as well -- although weekdays are best, any day but Tuesday. Howse about this Thursday or next Wednesday, depending on the weather. BTW, I haven't been to the area to get the lay of the land

Private User
10/5/2011 at 2:06 PM

The conference is this Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7-8. I am going for both days. You can probably still register if you are interested. By the way, Geni will have a trade show booth and will be doing one of the lectures.

This Thursday does not work for me. Next Wednesday would be Oct. 12. I could make that work, weather permitting. I'll send you a private message about that.

Private User
10/6/2011 at 7:08 PM

Thanks, I deleted it.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion