• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
Showing all 9 posts
Private User
10/4/2011 at 11:27 AM

I used to login to geni with my compnay email addy. I no longer work there and cannt remmebr the pw and I cannot access the email to reset the pw.
Any syggestions.
I had the same issue with Fb and they resolved it easily

10/4/2011 at 3:02 PM

Hi Tom,

If you can get into Geni (as you must have, to be able to post this?) then you should be able to add your new email address on the Account Settings / Email & Password page: https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

Once you confirm the email address (by clicking the link in the email it will automatically send you), you'll be able to make that address your primary.

kind regards,

Mike at Geni

Private User
10/5/2011 at 5:25 AM

If I could get into Geni, I wouldnt have made this post. I had to create a new account with a different email address to post on this forum.
Geni has a merge account option, but one has to be a paying member to utilize that.

Private User
10/5/2011 at 7:34 AM

The account you are using now are from 2010, so it s not a new account, and the reason why you get asked.

Do you have a link to your other account and/or could you send Mike a message on which email you used on that account?

Private User
10/5/2011 at 7:49 AM

Is this your other profile: Private User?

If so you can send Mike Stangel a message about which email you used to confirm that you know the details and he can probably merge it with the account you are using now.

Since it is a long time that account was accessed you could also ask if other invited family group members of that profile can login with their account to see if they can re-invite you with your current email address.

10/5/2011 at 8:29 AM

Bjørn is absolutely correct, I'd be happy to merge your accounts for you -- just point me in the right direction. :-)

Stepping back, the problem we've created is that users who've both forgotten their password and lost access to their primary email account, have no way to get help from Customer Service (and we haven't built the kind of tools to let you answer security questions, etc. instead). I'll bring this up with the team.

Private User
10/6/2011 at 10:43 AM

I considered my 2010 account as a new one as my prior acct was 2006 1
iI signed on the 2010 acct thru Facebook and was hoping I culd get back tio my original account

10/6/2011 at 1:54 PM

Two things:

1. Do you want the two accounts merged?
2. Can I get a link to your 2006 account (we launched the site in Jan 2007 by the way :)

10/6/2011 at 3:33 PM

Strike #2 -- I found it from the information you sent me.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion