Fabyan Farley

Started by Ann Farley on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
10/5/2011 at 3:18 AM

Fabyan was incorrectly entered by someone on the internet as having emigrated to America and consequently many people have copied these incorrect facts. There is a Fabyan Farley born 1640 in America son of Thomas Farley and grandson of Roger Farley. Roger Farley, brother of Fabyan NEVER went to America either and nor did his father Reginald Farley the father of our subject, Fabyan.

If only we could correct these copied errors, it would be wonderful to have accurate data for everyone. No use burying one's head in the sand like a few people prefer to do.

10/5/2011 at 5:25 AM

I can assure you that no one here is "burying one's head in the sand." We're all just as interested in accuracy as you. Have you made the necessary corrections to the Geni profiles in question? Do you need assistance in doing so? Or did you just want a place to vent?

10/5/2011 at 7:49 AM
10/5/2011 at 10:25 AM
10/6/2011 at 8:00 AM

I guess I wanted to "vent" he he he. I will endeavour to correct the profile if I can. Fabyan is my 9th GGF and his son George 8th, grandson Wm 7th and even 6th are all living in Kent, England.

10/6/2011 at 8:15 AM

Fabyan Farley

Here is the link to Fabyan Farley b. c1640

And his Tree
http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000003275578052

1/15/2012 at 10:31 AM

Thanks, I will take a trip. I have come across another rotten mistake by someone or other on the www. I read it in a few different places and so thought it must be correct. Silly me. Fabyan Farley's father Reginald appeared to have married Barbara Devereaux Hastings. I now see that his wife must have been Barbara Hastings of unknown ancestry.

All these things sent to tax us I guess... ha ha ha

1/15/2012 at 10:39 AM

Used the link, but that is not my ancestor. My Fabyan was, I believe his uncle. My Fabyan was born 1570 Towthorpe, Yorkshire England to Reginald Farley and his wife Barbara Hastings. Reginald was a son of Richard Farley who married a Joan Eusham and Richard was the son of Sir John Farley 1465 of Bosbury, Herefordshire, England. A few of Reginald and Fabyan's sons did emigrate to America. Of course, like many families in those days, they used the same first names over and over.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion