Profiles not appearing

Started by Elyse Vahjen (Deutscher) on Monday, October 10, 2011

Participants:

Showing all 13 posts
10/10/2011 at 6:31 AM

Yesterday, I put up at least 75 new profiles on the "family" tree. When I try to look them up on search, none of them appears. Also, when I add a spouse to the already added family nothing shows for that family tree that is already listed. I can enter these profiles again and Geni tells me nothing about them already being entered. What seems to be the problem?

Private User
10/10/2011 at 6:33 AM

It'll take about a week for new profiles to appear in searhes.

10/10/2011 at 6:40 AM

How can that be! It never was a problem before. How can I work on the history of a family if I have to wait a week?

Private User
10/10/2011 at 6:48 AM

Why using search?

If you are talking about your own or family profiles you find complete lists of them by clicking the [Family▾] link at the top and select Lists.

10/10/2011 at 7:05 AM

I am talking about extended family profiles. I can see they were entered on my main menu and I am told I am related and how on the profiles, but if I find additional information on extended family in that part of the family I can't find the person I have just put on in search (say the next day) to add a spouse or children to. Like: Lobel Goldberg, married Henne Fingerhut. Now I found his father, Leybel Fingerhut, married to Minka Blumenstil and also married to Szeindel Wurtzel/Wexel. I have no reference to these people, (except on my main profile) and they show up as having no immediate family on the tree. I have put up the immediate family, Goldberg's so they are there. But, no connection shows on top of their profiles.

Private User
10/10/2011 at 7:14 AM

But you can enter the list of profiles you have added yourself, it does also give you a better overview on where you was "working the the forest" the last time. Just select Added By Me in the Group section.

http://www.geni.com/list?order=date_added&group=added_by_me&amp...

Building the search index is a heavy job and takes a couple of days and are run as often as possible. When they move over to new hardware and DB enginge it will take a shorter time.

10/10/2011 at 7:23 AM

OK so they are working on a faster engine......I still don't like the fact that the profiles are not instantly connected. That is being sold as one of the advantages of being a PRO Geni user. *Tree Matches - Find Matching Profiles instantly while you browse your tree or profiles!

Private User
10/10/2011 at 7:28 AM

When you add a profile it is connected to where you added it.

With "Find Matching Profiles" they mean: Find possible matches on other's profiles immediately if you just have added a profile.

10/10/2011 at 7:43 AM

Yes, that's what I mean. Find possible matches on other profiles immediately when I have just added a profile to an already new added profile. That's when it doesn't show up! Also, when I add a new profile I have to leave Geni, come back in before I see the new profile I just added.(not all the time, but some of the time)in my main menu.

10/10/2011 at 7:46 AM

I have just entered Majer Scherman and his wife Brucha Szancer. They are nowhere to be found.

Private User
10/10/2011 at 7:56 AM

Check your own Added By list, or simply check your Activity tab on your own profile. I see them both places.

As stated before: If you try to locate them manually using search it will take some days before it is possible, simply because building the search is only done one or two times a week.

Private User
10/10/2011 at 7:58 AM

And of course: The automatic Matching Profiles message is using the search engine, which require that recently profiles will not be found.

10/10/2011 at 11:49 AM

Thank you for you time and help.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion