Incorrect Data

Started by Glen Meints on Monday, October 10, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
10/10/2011 at 10:50 AM

Perhaps there are two Albert Meints whose data are being mixed here. My grandfather, John Albert (Bert) Meints was born on Feb 28, 1905. I don't know if Emilie is the correct spelling of my grandmother's first name; she went by Millie and her maiden name was Buuck. They were married on July 18, 1929. My father, Clifford Meints, was born on May 23, 1930. The Lord called my grandfather home on March 29, 1964 in Ft Wayne, Indiana.

Private User
10/10/2011 at 11:20 AM

Hi Glen

welcome to Geni

have you tried contacting the manager of Albert's profile?

on the right side of the profiles there is an option to contact profile manager
please let me know if it worked

:-)

Private User
10/10/2011 at 11:22 AM

the manager

Beth Heiney

10/13/2011 at 8:38 AM

Hi all,

If you can tell me how to turn over management of that entry to someone more closely related, I'm fine with that. I have, in fact, deleted most of that branch from my main program just because I don't have any direct relationship. Either that or send me the correct info and I'm happy to change it!

10/13/2011 at 9:56 AM

Hi Beth,
If you bring up the profile of Albert Meints and any other profiles who you want to add a manager to, go to ACTIONS which is up on the upper right hand side (a large button). Click on it to bring up a pull down menu of Actions, including Add Manager. You will have to be following the person you want to add as manager, so that when you type their name into the type in box, it recognizes it.

You can opt to have them be primary manager and add a note, if you wish.

For instance, you could follow Glen Meints and then go to Actions on his grandfather's profile and make him the primary manager.

10/13/2011 at 3:57 PM

FYI, we *just* released a minor change related to Hatte's instructions -- adding, removing and requesting management is now all done through a single profile action called Manager Options (instead of "Add Manager" as described above).

Private User
10/13/2011 at 8:58 PM

Mike - when I choose Manager Options for Profile I do not manage - why, does it (still) say "Request Management of this Profile" (sounding like perhaps you expect/want to be the sole Manager) rather than "Add Me as Manager of this Profile" [or, possibly, allow for you to choose either request - ask to be made sole manager or ask to be added]?

10/13/2011 at 9:04 PM

Thanks Mike!

10/14/2011 at 10:08 AM

Hatte, thanks for the info. It worked. Glen, let me know if you have trouble.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion