This Joseph Weeks NOT son of Samuel Weekes

Started by Janice Weeks Hollenczer on Friday, October 21, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
10/21/2011 at 11:18 AM

Whoever made these merges has no clue as to who is related to whom, and doesn't bother reading the notes. This site is a joke, more of a joke than Ancestry.

I've just done searches for profiles I, myself, entered, and have them come up as no relation to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The revisions show no deletions have been made, nor any major changes, but my tree is gone as I entered it; none of my ancestors have wives showing. Where the hell did they go???

You people have no clue what you're doing. Just keep to your own trees and stop f***ing up everyone else's.

10/21/2011 at 11:52 AM

Janice I am going to ask you to rewrite that post and this time keep the obscenities out of it...if you do not I will be forced to report it, when that is done no one will be able to read it.

If you need help to find the Profiles and Tree you added we could try and help you find it..

10/21/2011 at 11:52 AM
10/21/2011 at 11:53 AM

@Janice Weeks Hollenczer, If you have profiles that you have researched and can back up with sources then it is advisable to add these sources to Geni and perhaps mention them in the About me section as well. If you are so sure about a profile and it is backed up with such sources then it is well worth contacting a curator in the area or the thread for the purpose and suggest that it be made an MP. As an MP it is far less likely to get incorrectly merged and then lost.

Additionally if you find that a profile like this has been lost already or perhaps you haven't yet added the sources a curator familiar with the area may be able to retrieve the correct positions.
Captain Weeks is not an area that I work in but I'm sure there is someone that could help you

10/21/2011 at 12:01 PM

Terry, I'm not even going to bother. I had notes up there for the original Joseph I mentioned - all gone now. Someone has merged a father and son together for the umpteenth time even after I had a DO NOT MERGE in the name area and had notes in the About Me section, in addition to adding the "Captain" to one of the profiles. No one bothers to read, they just merge same names together. At this point, it would be easier for me to add all the information again, it's so messed up. I'll be glad when my PRO membership is up; I won't be tempted to check on my tree anymore.

10/21/2011 at 12:06 PM

Janice Weeks Hollenczer

Another thing Janice is we Curators have the ability to make Master Profiles of profiles and to lock them.

Just ask one of us to do it.

That would be another way of keeping people from interfering with your profiles.

Private User
10/21/2011 at 12:56 PM

Angus and Janice

I worked on the Carpenters before so if it's OK I'll give this a whirl.

Private User
10/21/2011 at 1:04 PM

OK one problem I see already is a lot of unresolved data conflicts.

Everyone - please take the time to do data resolves. Rule of thumb is data should match the overview. Open them up in separate windows and proofread.

If the data is not resolved in a timely manner, errors percolate exponentially.

Private User
10/22/2011 at 4:02 PM

Janice Weeks Hollenczer

I found some more of the problem; merges were incomplete. The children need to be carried over to both parents by use of the Conflict Resolution Wizard. This explains why some mothers no longer showed correctly.

I added lots of MPs for the many, many Josephs and Samuels.

The other problem which I'm sure you know is that the source data is scanty and in fact erroneous. There are some issues I haven't out yet and await your feedback.

In addition to notes in profiles, I've used this as the main guide, with some supplementary cross checking with the Carpenter Genealogy.

http://www.antonymaitland.com/

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion