Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 22 posts
Private User
11/3/2011 at 8:26 AM

1. Copy and paste the profile name that can be found in the URL bar, example:
Nora Healy.

2.Click on the EDIT button on the top right of the project page
3.Scroll down to where you want to place the profile name
4.Start with a bracket open [ then copy the complete profile URL including the numbers
5.Hit space then type in the name of the person in the profile, example Nora Daly
6. Finish with a closing bracket ]
7. When done click the blue SAVE button to save your changes.

You can practice as it it always possible to go to EDIT again and make corrections
Note use this bracket [ and NOT this one }

Private User
11/3/2011 at 8:33 AM

profile name in the URL bar will look like this .geni.com/people/Nora-Healy/6000000011133335102 with http://www in front of it

Private User
11/3/2011 at 8:39 AM

If you want to read the instructions while adding the profiles open Geni in a second tab
http://www.geni.com/projects/Irish-profiles-on-Geni-per-county-or-c...

11/12/2011 at 10:41 AM

I am looking for the connection of HONORÉ CLARE (emigrant from Clare County to France probably around the end of thE 1800) and the Clare from Ireland. We know that he married Adelaide DelPech, french probably born in Tulle. Honoré was a watchmaker. The familiy moved to Paris around the 1840 and had 2 children Emile Clare and Emile catherine Clare.
We also know that a relative by the name of CLARA CLARE lived in County Clare around the 1914, because a uncle Emile Clare Lopez visit her at a castle where she reside at the time. After that the castle was donated to th Blood Bank of the County.

Private User
11/12/2011 at 12:11 PM

Alvaro, it is possible that HONORÉ name here in Ireland was Hanora or Nora, always a good idea to search for alternative names too.

Private User
11/12/2011 at 12:17 PM

Sorry did not notice that honore was male oops

CLAR CASTLE was developed by Sir Lucius O'Brien , this is Clarecastle the village just outside Ennis in County Clare, was Honore an O'Brien ?

11/13/2011 at 10:28 AM

Dear Annemarie:
As far as we know, by family tales he was a O´Brien. But there is no evidence of it. We also know by old letters that a relative visited the castle around 1914 invited by Clara Clare his owner at the time.

Private User
11/13/2011 at 11:39 AM

History tells that the O'Briens developed the village Castleclare near Ennis, so there is a connection there somewhere, we just need to find this :)

11/16/2011 at 10:47 AM

Dear Annemarie:
It´s great news to have a possible link to relate Honoré Clare with the O´Briens of the Castleclare in Ennis.
¿How can I establish this link or what would you recommend me to do in order to begin a investigation?
Please give the line to start the investigation.
Alvaro

Private User
11/16/2011 at 10:58 AM

Hi Alvaro, I am trying to find a bit more history for you and I have searched for the name of Honore Clare O'Brien, can not find anything under this name think we might have to look for a variant of the name.
The name Honore is very unusual here in Ireland. I suggesy you join the county Clare mailimng list and ask if anyone there knows something, while I try to dig a bit deeper in history
This is how you get the the Clare genealogy mailing list, they are lovely helpfull people there : County Clare Mailing List. To subscribe send the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) as the only text in the body of a message to irl-clare-l-request@rootsweb.com for the list mode or irl-clare-d-request@rootsweb.com to just receive the digest.

I will get back to you when I find more

Private User
11/16/2011 at 11:25 AM

Above discussion has been moved to [http://www.geni.com/projects/Ireland-Brickwall-Project Ireland brickwall Project]

11/17/2011 at 9:14 AM

Dear Annemarie:
This is very emotional...........................
As a Clare born in America, to find our ancestors is essential,
because we will know for shure the root of the family and our cultural heritage.
I will follow your instructions and hope to have results.
Thanks again for your kind cooperation.
}Alvaro

11/18/2011 at 8:56 AM

Annemarie:
In reference to the castle in Enni, the only clue that I have is that Clara Clare owned in 1914, just before de I world war and she selled or donated the casle to the blood bank of the county Clare
Saludos Alvaro

Private User
11/18/2011 at 9:18 AM

Alvaro, what I do not understand is why Clara does not show up on census records, I have checked the census for the whole of Ireland in 1901 and 1911 and there is no Clara Clare listed anywhere, also checked the county Clare census for Clare O'Brien and no match either.
If she lived there in 1914 I reckon she also lived there in 1911, but where is she, maybe Clara Clare was not her name ? You can check the census records on this site
I have also checked bloodbanks in County Clare but do you maybe know when this castle turned in to the bloodbank ? Just before WW1?

11/18/2011 at 3:40 PM

Dear Annemarie:
The letter that I am rfering is from 1954. My reative mentions that the castle own by Clare Clare was visited by she in 1914, one month before de WW!, and that was donated to a bloodbank. Besides she mentions that the properties of Clare end up own by the Duques of New Castle. According to her all this information was narrated in a book about the Clare´s.
There is another information in the same letter refers to a caslte in Levres near Paris that was own by Emile Catherine Clare around the 1800.
This castle, accordingly was previously own by Lord Thormond Clare that was force to emigrate to France due to the wars in Ireland.
I hope that this aditional information will lead to a certain place.
Alvaro

Private User
11/19/2011 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for that information Alvaro, I think I know where to look now

Private User
11/19/2011 at 3:23 AM

Dromoland Castle is a castle, now a luxury hotel with golf course, located near Newmarket-on-Fergus, County Clare, Ireland. Its restaurant, the Earl of Thomond, was awarded a Michelin star in 1995.

Dromoland was owned by 8 generations of the O'Brien family and was also owned by Lord Thomond
The present building was completed in 1835. However the first building constructed here seems to have been a 15th or early 16th century tower house and is recorded as being erected by Thomas, the son of Shane Mac Anerheny.[1] There were at least three houses on the site, at various times, called Dromoland. While Dromoland later became residence of eight generations of the O'Brien family,

In 1604 when Conor O'Brien died he left Dromoland to his son, Donough MacConor O'Brien. Donough, whose mother was Slany O'Brien, was then only about eight years old. A legal battle ensued between the fourth Earl and Slany O'Brien. The dispute was settled by arbitration in 1613. The Earl, by now Lord Thomond, became owner of Dromoland on payment of Ј132.13.4. in compensation to Slany O'Brien. When Donough was older, he refused to abide by the settlement. By 1614 a William Starkey was leasing Dromoland from Lord Thomond.

I think we might be looking for O'Briens instead of Clare's

Private User
11/19/2011 at 3:25 AM

Lord Thomond owned a lot of castles in county Clare

Private User
11/19/2011 at 6:15 AM

Alvaro, you might want to follow this line on Geni
Dermod O'Brien, 5th Baron of Inchiquin

11/20/2011 at 4:46 PM

Dear Annemarie:
Thank for the recomendation. ¿How can I follow the line of the Dermond O´Brien?.
I have another clue: Honoré had a sister in France that married a FUALDES and they had a son name Francois Emile Fualdes. If I can find information about them we might ascend at list 50 years of the french ancestor.
I will continue the research.
Alvaro

11/21/2011 at 10:36 AM

Annemarie:
I checked in GENI the last name FUALDES and do not exist. There must be a mistake or a not clear information in the Act of bautisem of Emile Clare the son of Honoré Clare, from where I got the information.
If this is the case, there must be a very similar last name.¿Can you give me a similar french one that would have a similar writting?
If I can find this link there is a direct line to de 50 or 100 years prior to Honoré in France.
Alvaro

Private User
11/22/2011 at 1:44 AM

The name Fualdes does exist in France, I have checked the births but there is no Francois Emile Fualdes, I think there is something wrong with some of the names too, but dont know what yet

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion