Oluf Landåsen/Hillestad is not a Jensen

Started by nn nn on Friday, November 18, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
11/18/2011 at 1:53 AM

Oluf is not the son of Jens Karlsen. This line does not exist.

A document dated February 1., 1594 states that "Oluf Loensen Aas i Fluberg", this is Oluf Landåsen is exchanging property with Jakob Rosenkrantz. The property is Skjak.

Oluf is therefore son of a man called Loen or Lodin, not a son of Jens.

11/18/2011 at 3:37 PM

Hello Rune,
Thank you for this information. Earlier this year,while doing research into my Norwegian maiden name, Monsebroten (Monsebraten), I discovered a Norwegian web site which listed my great-great grandfather/grandmother. I live in Washington state in the US and do not speak or read Norwegian. I knew my family was from the Buskerud and broader Honefoss areas. This web site specialized in documenting information about families in, and from, the Aadal valley -- http://www.aadal.com/ - perhaps you are familiar with this web site. I have communicated a bit with the site creator/administrator and would be interested in your perspective. I populated the Geni.com site to see if there were any links or other input/perspectives.
Thanks; let me know what you think of the web site.
Regards,
--Mary

11/20/2011 at 1:36 AM

Hello Mary
The website is in many ways a good website, but some of the information is quite old. The line of Landaasen is taken from older research material that is proven wrong for about 15 years ago. Some of the latest research have been published in the "bygdebok" for Land. I am, together with another well known genealogist in Norway, working on the Landaasen line right now, and will publish news about this maybe next year. The connection to the Skanke family is not real, but Olufs father and grandfather is known from sources.
The most common problem with websites like aadal.com and others on net are that they do not update information as new research gets known. Then the old and wrong information is copied on to Geni and other sites.

Regards
Rune

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion