My British Rice ancestry

Started by AnnLouise Chandler on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 1 post
Photo_silhouette_f_thumb2
Today at 1:51 PM

Hello! My name is Ann Louise Chandler, but you can just call me Ann.

My great-great grandmother was a Rice, and I am trying to trace her genealogical line. My gandchildren are intriqued to think they may be descended from kings! And well they may be, from what I have seen. A few years ago, my Aunt Esther Chandler gave me a large paper on which is a very confusing geneaogy tracing our branch of Rices to Coal Codevoy, King of the Britains in the third century, Alfred the Great of England, and Charlesmane of France, known as Emperor of the World. An impressive history, to say the least. This record was compiled by Rupert M Hanny in 1925 during his senior year at Tufts Engineering School. He says the final entries were make in 1971 at chapel Hill NC and forwarded to my great aunt, Sara Chander. Aunt Sara gave the paper to Aunt Esther, and she to me.

I've been doing geneaolgy for about 50 years, as a sometimes-hobby. ( I am nearly 80 years old, though I neither feel nor look it.) I understand that these ancient records are difficult to trace, but when one gets into royal lines, the chances of discovering the historical record are considerably better than tracing common people. I'd like to share this paper with others and make better sense of it.

Any takers?

Best wishes, Ann

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion