John M. Craig

Started by Zach Craig on Monday, December 19, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 1 post
12/19/2011 at 10:21 PM

Hi Trina, I am John M. Craig's great-great-great grandson, born in Trimble County, KY the same county in which John M. Craig died and is buried. I am very excited to see that you have listed John M. Craig's parents. My family has done extensive research trying to find John's parents with nothing but dead ends. The closest we have come is John's death certificate (offhand I'm pretty sure that's the document, but could have been his marriage license) which simply lists his parents birthplaces as "Virginia" with no names. I see you have his wife listed as simply "Mary" but we know her last name is Onstott and have that line back a few generations.

How are you related to John M, and how do you know these are the names of his parents? As I understand it, all the records at the Rockcastle and Garrard County courthouses in Kentucky were destroyed by fire in the late 1800s (but somehow we know he was born in Rockcastle County, KY and married in Garrard County).

I haven't yet figured out how to send you a private message, but as soon as I do I will probably send a repeat of this message. I would be happy to share all the Craig genealogy and scanned photographs I have (including a bad xerox from the 80s of a photograph of John and Mary I found in an Onstott book). I am very excited to hear back from you, as you may have just solved a very long and ongoing family mystery!

Regards,
Zach Craig

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion