12/22/2011 at 1:07 AM

Future projects will include:
Eleutheran Adventurers
The 1671 census
Modern Bahamian political leaders
Bahamian pirates
The Bahamian diaspora
Bahamian athletes

Which one(s) should we focus on first? The 1671 census?

Private User
12/22/2011 at 11:58 PM

Sign me up for all pirate projects automatically!

12/23/2011 at 9:49 PM

The Census but, from what I saw, most of earliest settlers, settled on Eleutheria.

12/27/2011 at 6:04 AM

Katherine, yes, the original settlers were on Eleuthera. They are the Eleutheran Adventurers. There is much overlap between them and the 1671 census. Also, there are some problems with that census.

I wasn't expecting there to be interest in these projects so quickly! It's very welcomed, but I feel disorganized and unprepared at the moment. Let me see what I can do without my records handy. I'll try to help as much as I can from my phone.

12/27/2011 at 2:35 PM

Don't worry Ashley, I have only some knowledge about the Bahamas. That is why Kwame was kind enough to start these projects for me. I've had the same sort of problems, most have had, with early Bahamian anscestors, mostly brick walls. Since we now know there is definitely an intrest and a need, we can let everyone chime in and go from there or we can start sluething. Whichever, is fine with me. I can get ahold of my cousin Nancy in Exhuma, Bahamas but, my parents are in Australia and they have her phone #. She can be our go between possibly. Any input from any interested persons will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and welcome aboard, cousin. Kat

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion