changing profile pix

Started by PATRICIA VANCE on Monday, January 2, 2012

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
1/2/2012 at 9:26 PM

@ i need to change profile pix for large number of family membbers.
Could anyone give me a 123 step to follow to make this as simple and quick as possible@

1/3/2012 at 3:16 PM

Hi Patricia,

Assuming you've already uploaded the photos and tagged the appropriate people, here are the steps:

1. Go to the profile of the person whose profile photo you want to change
2. Click the Media tab
3. Click "View All" to the right of the "Photos of <name>" heading
4. Click on the photo that you want to be the new profile photo
5. Click the "Set Proflie Photo" button below the title (note that hovering your mouse over this button clarifies that it will set it as that person's profile photo, rather than your own -- this is because you access the photo from that person's profile)

good luck!

Mike at Geni

1/3/2012 at 3:18 PM

Slightly quicker is to click their profile photo -- I should have checked our own help site first! http://help.geni.com/entries/20015877-how-can-i-change-a-profile-ph...

1/3/2012 at 6:05 PM

As i posted several weeks ago, it is extremely cumbersome to change profile photos, since the screen that pops up after you upload the new photo does not give you an easy step to the page where you can select the new photo as the profile photo. Should be easy to fix, if you want to do it.

1/4/2012 at 10:24 AM

That's a feature request for Michelle Kempner to consider. I'm not convinced it would be a clean user experience (upload a photo, then tag one or more people in it, then specify that it should be the profile photo for one or more of the tagged people?) but that's why I'm an engineer and not a product person.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion