Suggested Letter to Managers of Profiles Added to this Project

Started by Sharon Doubell on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Participants:

Showing all 24 posts
1/8/2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi there

We’ve added this profile which you manage to the World War II - North African Campaign Project at http://www.geni.com/projects/World-War-II-North-African-Campaign.
If you would like to collaborate with us on this project please just let us know and we will add you.

Warm regards

Private User
1/9/2012 at 4:38 PM

Yes.....please add me. I will collaborate with more information at some future date. Thank you.

1/9/2012 at 10:22 PM

Please add my grandfather(& Caroline Balona's great uncle)-Allan Henry John Moncur to S African list.Was Rifleman in Kaffrarian Rifles,KIA 31Dec1941.All details I know are in his Geni profile on Knox site.

1/10/2012 at 2:22 AM

Thanks-quick work.Add me-have 3 more relatives to add anyway!

1/10/2012 at 3:30 AM

Yaaaay guys!
Will add you both as collaborators.Alistair can you cut and past and send me the URL link at the top of the pag? Or alternativel, add them to the project?

1/15/2012 at 2:49 PM

@Melvin Germain -North Africa. And another brother also fought there. They were in Infantry that I know, but lost my notes on rank etc. Will find and add. Irving was the other brother.

1/16/2012 at 12:33 AM

Thanks Patricia. If you have any trouble, please yell.

1/16/2012 at 3:19 PM

@Sharon, Will do. Just have to find the sister who has it.

1/16/2012 at 11:42 PM

:-)

Private User
1/31/2012 at 9:38 AM

Lewen B.O. Tugwell was a career British officer and fought at the Battle of El Alamein, wounded in the knee.

I am able to edit my father's site but thus far my son is the only one listed as the manager - so I am unable so far to add him to this project:

World War II - North African Campaign Project at http://www.geni.com/projects/World-War-II-North-African-Campaign.

1/31/2012 at 10:28 AM

Angela, someone has already added Lewen to the project. I just checked.

2/1/2012 at 1:58 AM

I've just put his story into the text. Thanks Guys. Angela - will you just check that you're happy with it, and change it to whatever you'd prefer? (I've added you to the collaborators, so you should be able to do that.)

Shew, this project just keeps growing. :-) Wow! Anyone who wants to be added as a collaborator - just yell.

2/1/2012 at 2:17 AM

Private User - will you check that you're happy with what I wrote about Heinz Wallach in the text. "Jewish immigrant to SA from Westphalia, fought for his new country against his old oppressors."

Marvin Caulk, (C) - Can you check that's it's right for me to have used Rear admiral as the title for Henry Hewitt? (ie is Admiral a higher post and should I have used that?? :-)

Private User
2/1/2012 at 2:49 AM

Sharon, I am sure it is perfect. I am in awe of your use of the English language, however, I will look at Heinz Wallach and confirm.

2/1/2012 at 5:52 AM

HaHa Pam - Thanks - It's a cover for my lousy spelling and tendency to Typos :-)'

2/1/2012 at 11:19 AM

Sharon, Henry Kent Hewitt was awarded the Navy Cross in 1947 as a Admiral, so I changed his profile to show the higher rank'

Nice catch!

2/1/2012 at 11:25 AM

In the project doc, he is refered to as Rear Admiral, That should not change as it was his rank at the time.

2/1/2012 at 11:25 PM

Ahh, Marvin Caulk, (C) - there was no catch at all - I was thinking that maybe 'leading from the rear' was the ultimate position of management :-)

How I found myself in the position of main editor on a war project, I don't know - as I know less than anybody about it - I've just been too impressed by the great stories to step down until someone more qualified volunteers to take over.

Anyone?

2/2/2012 at 10:32 AM

Sharon, give it a little time. Someone who knows more about it than you is sure to come along sooner or later.
The North African Campaign kind of takes a back seat to the European and Japanese fronts but I'm sure there is someone out there that is a buff on the subject. that will be glad to help. In the meantime you caught my mistake, you must be doing something right!

2/2/2012 at 11:02 AM

Keep your ear to the ground please :-)

Private User
2/2/2012 at 3:59 PM

Thank you for enabling my access to Lewen Tugwell's profile. I have added a document which gives some more background on the Allied's (Fighting Fourth) 4th Indian Division's 7th Brigade - much gleaned from the sources listed:

1. For description of the Punjab Regiment, see http://www.defencejournal.com/may99/16th-punjab.htm
2. 'Solah Punjab' by Lieut. Col J P Lawford MC and Major W E Catto (Gale and Polden Ltd, Aldershot 1967)
3. 'Historical Records of the 4th Bn, 16th Punjab Regiment' (Gale and Polden, Aldershot, 1931).
4. http://www.worldwar-2.net/timelines/war-in-the-desert/war-in-the-de...

Someone else may be able to elaborate better on the subject!

2/2/2012 at 11:49 PM

Go girl!!! :-)

Private User
3/1/2012 at 3:03 AM

I have added a link to El Shatt refugee camp

3/1/2012 at 8:19 AM

Go girl!!! :-) :-)

Showing all 24 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion