violation of my identity!!!

Начала Noemie Bloch Вторник, 10 Января 2012

Участники:

Показаны все 12 сообщений
10/1/2012 в 1:24 после полудня

somebody has used my name + my children identity to build a tree. he also added some false innformations .
HOW CAN I ERASE THESE INFORMATIONS????
thanks

10/1/2012 в 1:52 после полудня

Write Geni customer support. I'll alert them to your issue as well.

10/1/2012 в 3:19 после полудня

Noemie

The profiles have been made private so no one can see them. He appears to be a distant relative of yours. You can go to his profile and click the send message link to contact him

Private User
13/1/2012 в 12:52 после полудня

When I click on Noemie Bloch, I see she was added in 2009, joined in 2009, and is managed by herself and the person who added her.

Most Claimed Profiles do not have a Managed By line showing -- wondering if this is because she never set a permanent password, and so is in a sort of Geni-limbo-land or ??? [the person who added her also shows this Managed By line, same two of them]

ALSO - after clicking on her name, and so looking at her Profile (and that of the person who added her), neither she nor the person who added her show a line on their profile for "Send a Message" nor for "Contact Manager" -- is this a Bug, or is there a setting/choice I have not discovered or ??

Private User
13/1/2012 в 1:45 после полудня

Lois: What you describe is what I call a halfway claimed profile, - usually they are an abandoned GEDCOM upload never logged in to, or that the user has not set a permanent password, but usually you have several notifications about that and are forced to set a permanent password when you try to change some of your preferences.

Noemie Bloch, could you check your setting: http://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

It might be caused by an error I have seen before: Michael Stangel - could you take a look on why Noemie Bloch still have managers?

Private User
13/1/2012 в 1:57 после полудня

I have relatives still showing Managers. Was pretty sure this was because they hadn't set permanent password. But they also show "Send a Message" - so folks can contact them via Geni.

Is this (an option to "Send a Message") not showing because she/they chose not to let Geni send them any messages? - but in that case, shouldn't it still go to Geni In-box? Or is it definitely a bug? Or??

Private User
13/1/2012 в 2:02 после полудня

It is a combination of several factors and the rules and settings have changed over time, and I don't know how Geni solved it when an option was changed.

There was an option before disallowing people to contact you, and when a user are blocking you you could not send a message either. Let us wait to see what Mike finds out in this situation.

13/1/2012 в 3:57 после полудня

You still have managers if you have not yet set a password. Accessing just about any of the account settings pages will prompt you to first set a password (for example, https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password )

Private User
14/1/2012 в 1:21 до полудня

Mike, - we have had situations where a user suddenly show up with managers because another profile (like a duplicate account) have been merged into him/her.
You did not get a password request in those cases, changing password did not help, and only customer support can fix it.

Some of the cases was probably caused by the method Facebook invited users was handled, - by getting a duplicate account until fully connected.
I assume that users still using Facebook to log in might show up with managers when the Facebook profile get merged into the tree.

16/1/2012 в 5:22 после полудня

I guess I'd have to see one of those cases, to know. There was a merge on Noemie Bloch's profile, back in May 2009.

Private User
17/1/2012 в 9:12 до полудня

Mike - what about the fact that there is no "Contact Manager" or "Send a Message" showing on her profile if one is logged in to Geni (tried it from both my accounts; if logged out, you see "Contact profile manager" - but if click on it, get the login screen, and after logging in, go to her profile with neither showing).

Is there an option we can choose that allows this?

20/1/2012 в 4:51 после полудня

Lois, sorry for the delay in responding. We do not offer that option as it would be a star-spangled invitation for spam, with virtually no way for us to stop it.

Показаны все 12 сообщений

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении