CHEROKEE INDIAN CHIEF ' GEORGE OF ALL THE CHEROKEE" SIZEMORE

Started by peggy mitchem on Sunday, January 15, 2012
Showing all 10 posts
1/15/2012 at 7:02 PM

GEORGE ALLS' DAUGHTER MARTHA ADELINE SIZEMORE MARRIED NUMA WALKER IN WEST VIRGINIA...THEY ARE GG GRANDPARTERNS TO MY HUSBAND.....ONE CHILD WAS -JOHN WISE COUNCIL WALKER- HIS DAUDHTER WAS NOTA ADELINE WALKER- HER DAUGHTER WAS -WANETA FAYE WALKER-- HER SON (MY HUSBAND ) DAVID P MITCHEM ALL OF WEST VIRGINIA PEGGY ISAACS MITCHEM...ALSO GREAT GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER OF JOSHUA TALLIE STANFORD -WIFE SARAH NANCY ANN (CHEROKEE INDIAN) THOMAS PEGGY

1/16/2012 at 11:00 AM

peggy mitchem

Please tag the profile or open the discussion from within the persons profile.

Please do not use all Caps, it is considered yelling and is impolite not to mention it makes it really hard to read.

1/17/2012 at 7:48 AM

Peggy I am George All Sizemore's 6th great granddaughter and I have checked and double checked and there is no daughter named Martha Adeline. Marvin can attest to me being on the world tree so I have at least 5000 ancestors and cousins on this site alone. I also have done checks on the net and there is nothing so far saying that George All had a daughter named Martha Adeline.

Do you have solid documentation that proves she is a daughter of George?

1/17/2012 at 8:39 AM

@Martha adilene sizemore- i had heard about her for years...the main story is that numa dink walker had gone hunting for food.leaving her and the children at home short version..they had bear steak on the table when he got home..the indians hadstolen some white children....the white parents were in pursuit...they got their children and martha the cheifs daughter,..this story is in several books in west virginia....also her son john wise council walker was well know in kentucky and wv. john w c walker was sort of a judge in his area..there was a fued over a pig . j w c walker . decided against his cousin.. all parties went to ashland court house...j w c walker told his people not to bring guns....as they step on the courts house steps the other side shot them dead...again in books in that area.. later the walker family joined with the other families of george's families and filed for money from the govnerment..that is again all in state record if marvin has time to look peggy

1/17/2012 at 2:48 PM

Peggy- can you tell up the name of the book and the link if it's on line.

To tag a profile means to go to the profile and copy the URL, the URL is then pasted in the message so people that read the message can click on it and find the correct profile.

If I search for john w c walker, I get no results, if I search for john walker I get 3323 possible people so I need the URL of the profile you're talking about.

1/17/2012 at 4:19 PM

Peggy,

Good news I did a huge search and found a website that has some information which leads the path to george all and your husband. So according to my family tree program your husband is my sixth cousin one time removed. Marvin can help you get on the world tree if you can provide at least 500 people. if you like you can email me at taradbrooks1971@aol.com and I can send you what I have for your tree

1/18/2012 at 10:22 AM

Tara
Peggy already seems to be connected to the World Tree but I'm sure she would like to see your information.

To connect to the world tree you only have to follow an ancestor back untill it makes a good match in the tree, You should never have to add 500 ancestors to get connected to the tree.

Since you have a common ancestor, you need only to add a few missing people to get a path between the two of you

1/18/2012 at 10:10 PM

I would do that if I had the paid version. Since they changed geni on me I am stuck with the people i currently have :( I did manage to trace her to me through the myheritage.com website which we seem to both be on. I have most of her information already added to my family tree builder program that links me to the myheritage site. She is more than willing to email me at taradbrooks1971@aol.com for anything I may have she can use. She can also locate me on facebook using my old yahoo email address which is trbrooks1971@yahoo.com.

I did manage to locate a cousin of mine on the Hornsby side who is an archeologist and professor at the University of Cincinnati. I found him simply by his last name. I remembered one of my great great uncle named Jobe Leroy Hornsby being married to a woman named Laura Tankersley and I sent him an email asking him if he is related to her and her husband and he emailed me back. I wish I had the funds to get one of those DNA tests done to find out exactly where all of my ancestors came from. According to this guys research he said some of our DNA is Cherokee but that the Sizemore and Brock lines are also mixed with Old Testament Jewish and Egyptian too.

1/18/2012 at 10:14 PM

I though you needed at least 500 people added before you had enough to be added to the world tree. I guess I learned something new today. lol

1/19/2012 at 12:28 PM

Tara, if you and peggy are talking about the same profiles, you can colaborate with her and since she is "Pro" she can make sure that they are merged into your tree (asuming they're public profiles)
If she adds a profile you can still request management of the profile and once a manager you can work with the profile. If you use up your quota of sources you can still put a link into the about, You can always upload a doc into Google docs or scribed and provide a link. If you collaborate with others your hands will not be tied as much as you think as a free user and I'm sure peggy and others in that line wil enjoy getting the information.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion