Czerny family (Nymburk, Czech)

Started by László Takácsy on Friday, January 20, 2012

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
1/20/2012 at 9:53 AM

I am looking for family members who are relatives of Wenzel Czerny, father of Carl Czerny, the great composer and piano teacher, tutor of Franz Liszt.
I am an ancestor of this family, and want to build the family tree.
Any ideas are welcome.

Laszlo from Hungary

Private User
1/20/2012 at 4:20 PM

Wenzel and his son Carl are on Geni but they are in the private tree that has not been accessed for a while

1/21/2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi Jadranka,

Thanks for your posting, I saw the info, and sent a message to the curator of the tree in the US, but no response yet. I am not sure if it is still followed or not.
On another note, I might be travelling to Nymburk this year, to see the place where our branch of the Czerny family migrated from. Do you think there is a good chance to find traces of the family in the church registrars? Is it a usual thing to approach church officials and ask to open these documents for me?

Kind regards,

Laszlo

8/25/2012 at 3:38 PM

There has been a longstanding story in my family of a family relationshi. My Great Great Grandmther was nee Czerny. The family comes from lower Bavaria maybe 150 miles from Vienna. The relationship is plausible probably a cousin but I don't know the family tree and people more knowledgeabl have passed away. They did reportedy have music written and signed by Carl but I don't know how uncommon that would be.

8/28/2012 at 6:53 AM

Thanks for sharing this. Not very helpful, because I need to establish when and where the three branches split. Hope you can learn more about your family tree and then we can help each-other.
But anyway, if you dont, I will still think of you as a distant relative :))

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion