Problems connected to Geni

Started by Private User on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Participants:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
1/21/2012 at 7:26 AM

Geni is very slow at the moment and I'm having connection problems constantly.
In addition there is erratic behavior: all of a sudden there are 2 or 3 even profiles of the same person.
Anyone else?

1/21/2012 at 8:05 AM

Yes, very frustrating, it's giving erratic messages too, such as 'this person already has parents', etc.

Private User

Today it's really bad, but geni has been slow for the past month now. Especially merging, simple merge of 4 people with assigning parents can take 20 minutes or more.

Private User

Today it's really bad, but geni has been slow for the past month now. Especially merging, simple merge of 4 people with assigning parents can take 20 minutes or more.

1/21/2012 at 8:24 AM

Mike Stangel

I'm also experiencing network timeouts, slow tree redraws, slow merge center opening, slow media center opening. So throughout the site there is a definite lag this morning and have experienced this slowness with both Firefox and Chrome. Rebooting my computer didn't fix the issues so I think there are issues on your end.

I've also seen the "this person already has parents" message today that George reports.

Private User
1/21/2012 at 8:38 AM

and what is Geni doing about it?
as far as i know they never tell you if they too identified a problem and if they're doing something about it...

1/21/2012 at 8:58 AM

Slowdown, at least for me, has been fixed:)

1/21/2012 at 8:59 AM

Problem is definitely on our end. Been up since 5, it's all we can do to keep the site up right now.

1/21/2012 at 8:59 AM

Problem is definitely on our end. Been up since 5, it's all we can do to keep the site up right now.

Private User
1/21/2012 at 9:09 AM

Same here network time outs, but ok to go to other websites so no connection issue with my PC
Also loads of strange things happening, nort showing profiles very slow to edit a profile if possible at all.
Just unworkable today :(

Private User
1/21/2012 at 9:10 AM

Same here network time outs, but ok to go to other websites so no connection issue with my PC
Also loads of strange things happening, nort showing profiles very slow to edit a profile if possible at all.
Just unworkable today :(

1/21/2012 at 10:56 AM

It looks like we may have fixed it now... if so, the problem was enabling Google Translate suggestions in our translations (odd, because we used to have this feature and it was fine; then they started charging for it so we removed it, then we decided it was worth paying for so we re-enabled it).

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion