Started by Gary Hansen on Monday, January 23, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Ivars AVENS
    Geni member
Showing all 11 posts
Ivars AVENS
1/23/2012 at 5:30 PM

I too want to delete all data I have entered on this site. Somehow I have acquired a public profile which exposes all the data I have ever entered. I also have multiple profiles and cannot find out how to delete them. Relatives are complaining that I am damaging their privacy. I just want to get ride of the lot and get out.. Please help.

1/23/2012 at 5:44 PM

you dont have to delete just ask geni to change your public profile back to private

Ivars AVENS
1/23/2012 at 6:15 PM

Thanks Jason, I sent a request and will see what happens. When that change is made will that mean that my relatives (who's information I have exposed) will no longer be searchable on Google?

1/23/2012 at 7:25 PM

you can go to "settings" and change it so they cannot be searched.

1/24/2012 at 5:41 PM

what do you mean by doesnt let you show divorce and remarriage? you add a second husband and then and change the old husband to divorced?

Ivars AVENS
1/30/2012 at 12:51 PM

Still no sign of the public profile being made private and no communication since the first acknowledgement of receipt of the request. Relatives are on my back. Really frustrating.

1/30/2012 at 12:54 PM

does it not have the option to change your profile to private in the "edit profile" page? have you tried merging your new pro account profile with your old profile to get rid of it?

Ivars AVENS
1/31/2012 at 3:26 PM

Have tried merging at the same time as requesting privacy but so far nothing has happened. Mergers (there are four profiles in my name so I have really messed things up) are showing as pending but it now seems some curator is editing my data. All very unnerving.

1/31/2012 at 4:42 PM

Hi Ivars AVENS, it looks like you have created duplicate accounts that manage the public profile. Customer service is looking into your ticket.

Ivars AVENS
2/5/2012 at 2:45 AM

The mess I created seems to have been cleaned up. Apologies and many thanks to all concerned.

2/26/2012 at 11:58 AM

why is it when you follow instructions the stuff doesn't work?? You press the left arrow and the image goes to the right. This is still missing info on my profile. My stepdaughter Clare is still missing on my profile page.

Junk...

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion