Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 10 posts
Private User
1/26/2012 at 5:18 AM

Where did the "Make Profile Public" button go?

Private User
1/26/2012 at 6:00 AM

Only visible on profiles managed by yourself or within your family group, and of course only on unclaimed profiles.

Private User
1/26/2012 at 6:36 AM

Check out

Abraham Brown

which I manage, and show me where the "Make Public" option is located.

Private User
1/26/2012 at 6:47 AM

I can't see it myself because I am not a manager, but you should find a check-mark for that when editing the profile.

If you open the Immediate Family or Family group list you will also have a "Make This Profile Private/Public" link in the actions column if this is an operation you want to do on multiple profiles.

Private User
1/26/2012 at 7:21 AM

OK, I have "Bob Stewart's Family Group" up. where is the actions column leading to "Make This Profile Private/Public" link?

Private User
1/26/2012 at 7:46 AM

Well, I can see the Actions column to the right, but I would only see those actions if the criteria's I mentioned above is there: profiles managed by yourself or within your family group, and of course only on unclaimed profiles.

1/26/2012 at 8:02 AM

I noticed that I can't find Make Public / Make Private from the profile but can find it in the List view of a family reached either from the bottom of a profile by pulling up the family, or from the main menu under Family > List and making whoever you chose the focus person.

I think that might be what you mean, Private User?

I

Private User
1/26/2012 at 9:13 AM

OK, I went back to Abraham Brown's profile and found his "Immediate Family."

Clicked on "View All," which led to Abraham as the "Focus Person."

However, there's no way to make his profile "Public" or "Private" there.

So I clicked on his wife, Mary.

Found her "Immediate Family" and clicked on "View All."

With Mary as the "Focus Person" you can see Abraham's name and a button to make his profile "Public" or "Private."

Thanks, Hatte.

(Does anyone find this a rather arcane way of reaching a destination?)

1/26/2012 at 9:18 AM

Private User - I'm glad that you raised this topic because I had a similar problem, having made some close family profiles public due to the default setting, and not finding a way to change the privacy setting on the profiles themselves until I found this option.

I'd have to experiment a bit to understand what's available when, but it seems that the Actions option to change close family members from public to private and vice versa disappears after the profile is created except through this route. Of course I am talking about profiles that you and you alone manage. Once you invite them and they manage their own profile, it's their decision.

Private User
1/26/2012 at 11:35 AM

We could at least have an explanation of how to perform this function in the "Help" section.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion