disfunctional families

Started by Pierre Maré on Monday, January 30, 2012

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
1/30/2012 at 4:23 AM

problem with this type of social network is that it doesn't account for deaths and divorces, so for a public member to see this, the person stated as my wife is actual not my wife, but ex wife, so in essence this doesn't maintain anything resembling the truth

1/30/2012 at 4:30 AM

Well then consider it a bloodline rather than family tree ;) Also there is probably some sort of catch that you have to pay for pro version to be able to elaborate on such distinctions.

Private User
1/30/2012 at 3:36 PM

Hi Pierre and Farren, actually, the ability to set different kinds of spousal relationships is one of Geni's unique strengths, which I really like. But it is a bit hard to find.

So let me walk you through it here. Down in the Immediate Family area, you should see an edit link. Click that. Then you will see an "edit relationships" link in blue, over to the right side. Click that, and you will then get a Partners drop-down box on the left. There are several different ways to choose how to display the relationship. And finally, if you want the "ex-person" to simply not display at all on Pierre's profile page, then you can click Hide.

1/31/2012 at 12:59 AM

Thanks for the response and clarity, I did maybe jump the gun so to speak. I think @Farren should run with the finer points of extended familial heirarchy, considering he set this up(hee hee)

One other point @Steve, today I got a unsolicited request from a Bebelove wanting to join the tree,is there a way to not receive these? they belong in the dating sites

Private User
1/31/2012 at 11:29 AM

Hi Pierre, Either your or Farren should be able to and should feel free to edit your own relationships, however you like it to be. It's your family and your life.

I only jumped into the conversation because I am a perfectionist :)

I don't know what the Bebelove thing is, maybe just a spam account, which you can report as such. In general, do not accept any invitations that are suspicious.

You might want to poke around in your Privacy settings, to make adjustments. To get to it, click on your name in the upper right, then select "Privacy."

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion