Captain John William Molloy - This is the wrong Molloy

Started by Private User on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
2/8/2012 at 3:18 AM

Capt Anthony James Pye Molloy's son: John William Molloy was a barrister in London, not a Captain in the army.
AJP Molloy's second son Charles Robt Manners Molloy WAS a Captain in the army. This is stated in Anthony Molloy's Will (National Archives KEW)

Nobody knows the father of Capt John Molloy (b. 1789) who settled in Western Australia.

M Molloy

2/10/2012 at 4:45 PM

Is this part of your family history? Can you not make the changes yourself? I don't feel happy making these changes in an area I know absolutely nothing about. If you cannot make the changes why not try requesting collaboration or family group from one of the managers.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 6:10 AM

I believe one of the managers is looking into amending this, thanks.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 11:59 AM

Hi, I am one of the managers of Captain Molloy's profile, and am in the process of trying to fix this mess!

I am not a descendent nor even related (as far as I know) to these Molloys, but ended up so after a little merge accident due to others ascribing erroneous parentage to him.

With respect to the whole of his family and descendants, I am trying to fix this up...

I refer all interested parties to what I consider is the most credible source at this moment, ie

http://www.georgianamolloy.com.au/

Where an account by a descendent of John and Georgiana Molloy tells how his daughters Mary duCane nee Molloy and Amelia knew themselves to be the granddaughters of a William Molloy and Mary Molloy nee Connor.

I have added these parents, but am still undoing the tangle of excess parentage!

Thanks, Michael

Regards,
Michele

Private User
2/14/2012 at 3:58 AM

Thanks Michele.

1/11/2013 at 1:24 PM

John was almost certainly born on the 5th September 1786. He was baptised at St Martin in the Fields on the 8th October 1786 (parish register). Mary du Cane and Amelia has it right. His parents were William and John Molloy. This John Molloy did not go to Harrow School in 1802 as some have suggested: this was John William Molloy, son of AJP Molloy. The Harrow School Register was corrected in 1987. Hope this helps. Nick Peacey (great great grandson)

Private User
1/11/2013 at 1:51 PM

Thank you, Nick. I have updated John Molloy's profile with the information you have provided. Just wanted to confirm that the St Martin in the Fields you refer to as his place of baptism is in Westminster? Cheers, Michele

1/12/2013 at 10:13 AM

Thank you, Michele. Nice to be in touch. I updated Wikipedia yesterday as well. Every good wish. Nick

1/12/2013 at 10:16 AM

And I didn't answer your question!! Sorry. Yes, St Martins in the Fields is in Westminster on Trafalgar Square. Nick

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion