Lot Mills Patterson

Started by Carla Cummings on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
2/11/2012 at 10:32 AM

I have been looking for his parents but I cant find him I dont know where he came from . somewhere in the South like VA, PA or NY somewhere New England so have you seen his name somewhere ?
He is my 4g grandfather.

Thank you
Carla Cummings

2/12/2012 at 6:34 PM

Sorry, I have not seen that name in my family documents. My information goes back 6 generations from me to a Captain John Patterson that immigrated to the eastern Arkansas area from Ireland. He came over with 6 brothers, but I do not have their names nor his parents. Good luck!

Private User
2/13/2012 at 1:52 AM

Cara, if you know where he died maybe you can get a death certificate that might reveal more information ? Never heard of the name here in Ireland either. Do you have dates ?

Private User
2/13/2012 at 2:01 AM

Mills could have been the mothers surname as is was very common at the time to add the mothersname as a second name

2/16/2012 at 1:50 PM

Yes, I'm working on building the tree upwards from what I have. He was a captain for the Confederate States of America during the US civil war. I have the front page article of the local paper from his death but not the certificate. It only mentions his decendants & some very interesting stories. I'll have to figure out how to scan & attach it. It's been copied & faxed several times, so it's in pretty poor shape.

12/28/2012 at 11:40 AM

I have info on Lot Mills Patterson. I live where he settled in Canada. E mail kpatter@xplornet.ca

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion