• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts
Private User
2/13/2012 at 2:44 PM

Private User, updated and expounded on the points. I'm trying to avoid "do not" statements.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 3:18 PM

Thanks Victar. I am not sure about "Focus on the people, not the topic". The topic is what creates the cohesion of the people for the project. Some focus on the topic is important.

How about "Focus on the people, not just the topic"

Private User
2/13/2012 at 3:33 PM

Well, maybe we have to reword that all together.

2/13/2012 at 3:40 PM

Private User - okay, I can see nested projects. You could have an administrative district that was defined for a particular time period, consisting of such and such locations, and there could be multiple projects associated with it.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 3:53 PM

I have a feeling we'll never see nested projects, but I do see project categories -- basically what we call master projects, but with most category -like features.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 3:57 PM

Think, Wikipedia portals.

Private User
2/13/2012 at 4:35 PM

Yes, you want to have the cross views. Navigating across (portals). Down (in time). Nested. Calculated relationships. I want a tree view of projects.:))

Sometimes a "dump" for a huge number of profiles is fine until sub projects are defined, if ever. I mostly don't know the battles my American Revolutionary War ancestors fought in. So until I find it out, the "umbrella" project (Wikipedia portal concept) is really helpful.

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion