Salome Σαλωμη, daughter of Herodias - Sources for Zebedee as Salome's husband?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, April 6, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
4/6/2012 at 2:31 PM

Does someone have sources to verify Zebedee as a husband of Salome? At a guess I’d say the reason for Zebedee being added is because Salome is being associated with the Salome who stood at the foot of the cross in the Christian bible, who was also, perhaps, the wife of Zebedee. Although I love the idea of the story to be told that takes her from John the Baptist's head to the foot of the cross - a mother of the disciples; and possibly even a disciple herself; we need to at least find some sources to back up the possibility :-)
Private User and Nathan De Graw?

4/6/2012 at 2:33 PM
4/22/2012 at 6:26 AM

Guys, I'm going to cut this profile 'free' of its relationship to Salome as I haven't heard that you want me to do otherwise.
I'll leave a note in the overview of Salome's profile that, if she is the biblical Salome at the foot of the cross, then it may be that one of her husbands was also known as Zebedee; or even that she may have had a 3rd husband called Zebedee; but without some sources; or even just vested interest theorizing :-) it isn't historically defensible to leave him on the tree.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion