William McReynolds - Are there any other relatives out there?!

Started by Alison Kerrigan on Sunday, April 15, 2012
Showing all 2 posts
4/15/2012 at 12:02 PM

William McReynolds was my second great Uncle. He was only aged 22 when he died on board the Titanic in 1912. He had worked at H&W and decided to board and work on the Titanic as an engineer. As he set off on this great journey, he left his Mother and Father and his two sisters behind. It is so very sad that he never made it to New York, not did he return home as he had his whole life ahead of him. One of his sisters was my great Grandmother and she died sadly, not very long after him.

I am only sorry that I did not seek more stories of William from my Grandmother and Great Aunt when they were both alive.

I would love to hear from any other relatives out there!

9/6/2012 at 6:27 PM

Hi Alison, Not sure if you are still on this website. I joined just so that I could reply to your post. If you'd like, it would probably be better to just e-mail me: blessedmemoriesphotography@gmail.com
William McReynolds (engineer on the Titanic) was my Grandfather's first cousin. My Grandfather was David Scott McReynolds, born to John McReynolds (he had 8 children). John's brother, Thomas, was your Great, great Grandfather (I believe?) and the father to William. I hope I'm making sense. :) My Grandpa, David Scott and my Grandmother moved to Canada in their early twenties to marry and have a family here. I too was born in Canada and live here now with my family as well.
Anyways, just thought I'd connect some dots for you! Would love to hear from you sometime!
Warmest Regards,
Sandra
:)

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion