Judith Sarah Maxey / Leake (Ford) - Judith Ford Leake

Started by Harry Holman on Friday, May 4, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
5/4/2012 at 9:01 AM

Dear researcher,

I think there is a problem here showing Jacques Faure,Sr. having a daughter who married John Leake. This Judith and her husband John Leake were born about 1719--not 1732. They appeared in the will of Jacques' brother who died in Cumberland about 1750. Thieir daughter children were born between 1748 and 1760, puting their marriage date by about 1745. This Judith was shown in the will of Jacques Sr.'s brother as his sister. She's the daughter of Pierre of Manakin.

Harry S. Holman

Private User
6/25/2012 at 7:12 AM

Hi,

I'm not entirely clear.

How should I fix this ? Was Leake her second husband ? Is there another Judith/John Leake pair ?

Thanks,
Annelise

7/7/2012 at 5:05 PM

I suppose you are the only one able to correct the published tree on the Leakes. I can't do that. To answer your question about the chances of another Judith Faure marrying a John Leake, I see only one Leake family in Goochland County in 1748 and one Faure family in Goochland in the 1740's. Walter Leake (d. 1758/59) had only one son named John Leake. He married Judith Faure--sister to Jacques, Sr. They are my ancestors, and the Walter Leake Bible from "Rocky Spring," Goochland County was at my Grandmother's home when she was a child. So, these early names are well-known by my crowd.

Private User
7/8/2012 at 2:46 AM

Send me a request under "actions" to be a manager on the profiles. I'll approve them, and you can make the changes.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion