Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Maxwell
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
8/23/2012 at 10:07 PM

Maxwell
Maybe we should "store" our discussion here?

8/24/2012 at 5:15 PM

Wow, Cecile goes high tech! Really appreciate you starting this project.

Mailed off the application for Max's military service record yesterday. Hope to receive a reply soon. BTW, GenealogyBank.com has provided a wealth of information about happenings in New Orleans. There are a few articles in the Times-Picayune about Max's death along with the tributes paid to him and the other WWI veterans from New Orleans. Really grateful the Times-Picayune was so diligent about capturing the nitty gritty during that time.

8/26/2012 at 11:00 PM

You know the bad thing about the "project" is that you don't get a notification of a a reply or message...

10/28/2012 at 7:22 PM

Hello David,
I was tinkering on Ancestry just now and found an item which is both perplexing and fascinating. The item lists Max. R. Block, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The source is: Ancestry.com. American Soldiers of World War I [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2003. Original data: Haulsee, W.M., comp.. Soldiers of the Great War. Vol. I-III. Washington, D.C.: Soldiers Record, 1920. Do you think this may be our Max. Was Saul in Milwaukee by then?

10/29/2012 at 10:01 PM

Does it say what regiment? Max R Block is not that unusual a name.
Yes I do think that Saul was in Milwaukee by then. And as I recall the regiment that he "died" in trained in Chicago...

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion