John Elias Bost - John Elias Bost

Started by Janet Blackwell on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 1 post
8/26/2012 at 8:58 AM

I am a 5th great grandaughter of Elias Bost 1772-1857. I have not been able to find a proof for Elias being the father of Jonathan David Bost 1800-1867. Has anyone found a document which lists the father-son relationship? This could be a baptism record from a church, a will that John Elias specifies his son Jonathan was to inherit something, or a copy from an old Bible. If someone has something, I will gladly pay for copies and postage.
I have always heard his name being Elias, not John Elias. So this is why I write his name without the John. I would like to know where his full name is documented.
I am in DAR and the United States Daughters of 1812. I know Elias was in 1812, but I cannot add him as a direct ancestor without "proof." I have proofs for every other generation.
My grandfather was a Jonathan David Bost, and his grandfather was Jonathan David Bost, who moved to Texas and is buried in San Marcos, Hays Co. TX. He married Henrietta Virginia Forney. His father was Leander Sidney Bost, buried in Coleman, TX. If you are missing an ancestor I can tell you the others who moved here, and where they are buried. - Janet Saylor

Showing all 1 post

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion