Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
10/10/2012 at 2:17 PM

Would someone please merge this profile and

Thanks!

Private User
10/10/2012 at 10:48 PM

Nobody can merge it without family group access to the second profile, , which is in a standalone tree.

The best you can do is contacting the manager John Tucker and ask for collaboration and making the profile public, or asking for family group access.

Private User
10/11/2012 at 2:08 AM

OK thanks - I have sent John collaboration request and he did accept ... he's a cousin in England just arrived here in geni and we are trying to get his tree merged with mine. Not being a 'pro' I cannot do merges..nor can he...its a bit frustrating

Private User
10/11/2012 at 2:42 AM

He also need to make the profile public to be able to merge it.

When done you can merge the profiles with this command:
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000011381607512?to=6000000017...

Since the merge probably cause that several profiles have to be merged a temporary family group access is probably needed to complete those if they are private as well.

Since it is an unconnected tree only a collaborator can make the first merge, and secondly I notice that you are not a Pro user with access to merge.

If John Tucker is interested to join the big family of almost 65 million connected profiles he can send me, being a Geni curator, a temporary collaboration and Family group invitation and I can perform the first merges to get you connected. You find the option to invite in the Actions menu on my profile.

Private User
10/11/2012 at 1:03 PM

Thanks Bjorn - I'll email John today and suggest he send you a collaboration request so you can get his little branch merged I'm happy John's here and remember myself how confusing it all is ...

Private User
10/29/2012 at 3:54 PM

Bjorn can you now do this merge? It seems John's not understood how to request you collaborate - but I am collaborating with him and you and I are collaborating LOL Shall I make you a manager will this help?

10/29/2012 at 7:05 PM

Welcome to the "Family", John.

Private User
10/30/2012 at 12:35 AM

OH WOWIE .. thank you so much Alex *loads of Daly Family Hugs*

10/30/2012 at 4:51 PM

No probs, cuz.
I probably could have sorted it out straight away but i only noticed this discussion yesterday, sorry :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion