Birth Record Compilation

Started by David Sichel on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Participants:

Showing all 9 posts
4/10/2013 at 5:23 PM

I have been finding so many relatives from Podivin that it has become hard for me to keep track of all the notes I took as I went through original records. For this reason I decided to build spreadsheets to help consolidate the information into a sortable format. I just uploaded a portion of my spreadsheet for birth records. It is the section for the Weinberger family. This version is built in the order the records are found in the Badatelna records. I am also working on a similar listing for the Konstand(t), Sax (Sachs), Eisinger and Rosenberger families. I have found over 500 birth records for these families in Podivin. I also plan to build similar spreadsheets for marriages and deaths.

I hope other people find this information of use. Any comments or suggestions to improve these lists would be most appreciated. It does not appear that an Excel spreadsheet can be loaded onto Geni so if anyone would like the Excel spreadsheet just let me know and I will be glad to send it to you via email.

David

4/11/2013 at 8:41 AM

Have you been adding everyone onto the tree on Geni? I find that's really the only way to keep everything organized. Then I put links to the treetops on the project page so I can easily find each family.

4/11/2013 at 8:42 AM

Take a look at how I have done it for Kolodeje. http://www.geni.com/projects/Jewish-Families-from-Koloděje-nad-Lužn...

4/11/2013 at 2:07 PM

@David Sichel - it is a fantastic work you have done.

4/11/2013 at 4:48 PM

Hi randy,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been adding almost everyone to the tree on Geni. There are a few that I have not yet been able to figure out where they connect. The example of lists you sent for links for the Kolodeje project is excellent. I would be glad to work on that sort of list for Podivin, but I don't know how. Something new to learn.

David

5/24/2013 at 12:41 AM

I have only just found this site, and have many paternal ancestors from Podivin. In particular, Loewy(Loeb,Loew);Neumann, and their various spouses.
I have no way of checking these records, as I cannot read czech, nor travel again to Europe due to age.I live in Australia
Manyof them have come to me via a good researcher in Brno, and also from 2 other researchers in jewishGen.
Have you checked your records, as there are conflicting dates in them?
How does one sort out conflicting data?
Eva Browne

5/24/2013 at 10:03 AM

Hello Eva,

Most of the information that I have gathered comes from the Czech archives of jewish birth, marriage and death records. The information that I posted from my spreadsheets all comes from these records, which can be accessed on line. The information is generally in german, though it is sometimes hard to read the old script.

My Podivin ancestors were primarily from the Sax, Eisinger and Weinberger families. Through marriage I am connected to many others including the Lowy and Neumann families.

If you can give me specific names and dates I would be glad to see if they are in the Podivin records and share the information with you.

Best Regards, David

5/24/2013 at 10:21 AM

David,

Many thanks for Podvin Pdfs of families.
Very helpful!

I look forward to seeing the Rosenberger and Sachs spreadsheets

kind regards,

Nigel Hamilton

5/25/2013 at 5:19 AM

David,

Thanks for compiling and posting the pdf's for the Sachs and Rosenberger families, very very helpful in untangling my relatives!

I look forward to seeing your work on deaths and marriages,

kind regards,

Nigel

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion