Ckyne synagogue rededication Oct 4-6

Started by Randy Schoenberg on Friday, May 17, 2013

Participants:

Showing all 13 posts
5/17/2013 at 7:02 AM

I received this message from Jindra Bromova regarding the Ckyne synagogue rededication, scheduled for Oct 4-6, 2013. Is anyone else planning to attend?

See http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct24/regiony/207775-synagoga-ve-ckyni-b...

Randy

Subject: Re: Ckyne synagogue
Date: May 15, 2013 4:02:38 AM PDT
To: "E. Randol Schoenberg" <randols@bslaw.net>

Dear Randolf,

we understand your reasons and appreciate the possible participation of your son. That is, we have postponed the opening, with the religious service, of course, for the days from 4th to 6th October, the precise day will be known in several days, I hope.

We have also decided to keep our original fragments of Torah as the most precious relic and start with a collection for a new one for the renewed synagogue on that day. The service will be served by the kantor from the Liberec Jewish Community Michael Foršt together with Julius Müller with their own Torah. (Alex Woodl has already experienced their service) Besides, we have the prayer books on disposal for individual needs any other day the synagogue is open.

All the other kult things will be prepared and bought with the help of the Prague Jewish Museum.

I hope everything goes well and according to our wishes.
We are really looking forward to your participation.

Warm regards
Jindra Bromova

6/11/2013 at 9:33 PM

Any other Ckyners planning on attending the rededication?

6/12/2013 at 12:42 AM

I would love to. But I don't know if it's realistic. Maybe I will...! Please keep me informed of the plans.

6/12/2013 at 9:03 PM

Will do. I think Alex Woodle is also planning to come.

6/13/2013 at 12:49 AM

Hi Randy,

I am currently at Wolfgangsee in Austria for my cousin's graduation today.

I am headed for Ckyne tomorrow assuming I can circumscribe flooded areas.

I have not made definite plans for rededication. It may not be possible. I will know later this summer.

Alex

6/14/2013 at 12:36 AM

My grandmother loved Wolfgangsee. We used to visit her friend Hilde Spiel there. And our friends the Calices also live there. Lots of memories there. Have a safe and dry trip.

6/17/2013 at 6:20 AM

Randy,

In Munich after day and half in Tachov where I have met a man who is documenting and restoring Jewish cemeteries in Western Bohemia. His English is good enough and I think he would be an excellent speaker for one of the IAJGS conferences if we can fund his travel expenses. More when I return. BTW, saw my ggg grandmothers grave in Telice cemetery which will be restored this summer. Also may have seen gggg grandfathers grave there as well! Have had excellent weather and no travel problems. River in Passau angry, but not a problem.

Alex

7/12/2013 at 2:15 PM

Hallo Randy and others,
In Jindra Bromova's letter that you have posted here, she says that she hopes the precise date for the rededication will be known in a few days... Do you have a definitive date?
The more I think about it, the more I would like to be there. However, I have a course on 3/4/5 October. Although I can try to postpone that.
My brother said he might like to participate as well.

Best regards,
Heleen

7/12/2013 at 2:31 PM

The latest news I heard was this

Subject: Ckyne synagogue - opening
Date: June 13, 2013 5:54:32 AM PDT
To: Randol Schoenberg <randols@bslaw.net>

Dear Randolph,

with help of the kantor the date was stated on Saturday October 5th, with the morning, as well as aftternoon service, and evening program.
The details will be gradually added.
Hope everything go well, you are here from Prague in two hours at the latest.
I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Warm regards
Jindra Bromova

7/13/2013 at 5:20 AM

Thank you Randy.
I am going to try to change the dates of my course.

Regards,
Heleen

7/13/2013 at 10:30 AM

I added the photos Jindra sent me to the photo folder on the project page. See http://www.geni.com/projects/Jewish-Families-from-%C4%8Ckyn%C4%9B-B...

7/14/2013 at 5:13 AM

Hi Randy,

Here is a video I took in June of the Ckyne Synagogue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubiOHIxh0Y.

Alex

7/14/2013 at 3:45 PM

Beautiful video Alex.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion