Remit of this project

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
7/14/2013 at 2:21 PM

As there is already a 'Famous Architects' project is this one aimed to attract profiles of anyone who was an architect?
The definition seems to be talking abou those 'trained and qualified' as architects however this is a relatively recent phenomenon however. Many 'architects' were never trained but simply practised. Some were renowned with names readily known today but others were builders who also designed the buildings they built. Even those that are renowned were not neccessarily trained. So how wide is the scope of this project?

7/15/2013 at 12:15 AM

I would have thought that anyone who described themselves as an architect would qualify and that maybe the definition needs adjusting. I started adding information as I am going through -

A Dictionary of Artists of the English School by Samuel Redgrave (I have a copy) -

and was going to start a British Architects based on this work, but found this one and the Famous Architects - seemed a bad idea to have a new project!

Private User your thoughts??

Private User
7/15/2013 at 2:09 AM

This fella was an architect and his tree needs some work.

George "Hugh" Winton

7/18/2013 at 2:19 PM

So June I ask partly because my great grandfather was a builder but he designed the houses he built and would live a year in them to make sure they worked. Does this make him an architect?

7/18/2013 at 3:03 PM

Did he describe himself as one? Do we need to change this heading to just architects and have the list as Famous/Renown Architects with others just added to the project and not listed?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion