Elizabeth Carpenter - Carpenter vs Brunson of Bronson

Started by Dan Cornett on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
7/17/2013 at 1:55 PM

I'm thinking this profile was mis-merged with an Elizabeth Carpenter, and she is not really the child of Ephraim & Susannah Carpenter.

What got me looking was a parental conflict of one of her supposed children (David Carpenter, II). This Elizabeth's timeline shows 3 children born by age 9!

Even her marriage to Richard Bronson may have some inconsistencies with the age of their child (one of the two born at her age 9).

The reference in the "About" also does not seem to relate to the Carpenter branch to which she is currently 'connected'.

So maybe we need to find an Elizabeth-born-Harrison-1638 and see if she really fits there, rather than as a Carpenter child.

7/25/2013 at 2:19 PM

Elizabeth Carpenter
Dan, I agree that there is a problem. I searched around and added some references and corrected dates for Elizabeth and her 3 husbands. She is not the daughter of Ephraim who is from Oyster Bay and should be disconnected from him. She may be Elizabeth nee Welbourne.
I'm not sure how one would fix the relationships but you could try contacting all the curators.
There is a long discussion under Ephraim Carpenters profile if you want to check it out.
I don't have any info on who a Elizabeth born Harrison 1638 is.
Let me know your thoughts after you review the references,.
E MacKenzie descendent of George Orvis.

7/25/2013 at 4:13 PM

Even if Elizabeth is disconnected from Ephraim & Susannah, what about her children 'born at age 8 & 9'?

7/25/2013 at 5:32 PM

See below. If she was Welbourne she was born in 1620. The other woman is some other person, not related to this tree.
http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Welbourne_Carpenter-1

Elizabeth Welbourne Carpenter Born October 1620 in Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut, USAmap Daughter of [father unknown] and [mother unknown] [sibling(s) unknown] Wife of David Carpenter — married 1643 in Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USAmap Wife of Richard Bronson — married 1666 in Connecticut, USAmap [children unknown] Died April 6, 1694 in Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut, USAmap Profile manager: Hope Moore private message [send private message] Last profile change on 5 March 2013 02:23: Hope Moore imported the data for Elizabeth Welbourne Carpenter from Moore _ Grant Family Tree.ged [Thank Hope for this] This page has been accessed 11 times.

7/26/2013 at 8:12 AM

I did some cleanup, then ... and with a couple of her children, too.

7/27/2013 at 10:58 AM

I think you cleaned it up well and that the relationships all line up with the currently known info. Nice work.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion