Merge data conflict

Started by Martin Čakrt on Friday, July 19, 2013

Participants:

Showing all 2 posts
7/19/2013 at 1:41 AM

When merging two profiles with conflicting data, how do I tell geni which data to keep?

I remember geni used to show both values and let me choose the correct one, but I haven't seen this function in a while.

And this is kind of annoying. Yesterday, I merged part of my tree with with another tree with not-so-correct information (the names were misspelled etc.). Geni replaced the names I had entered with the names from the other profile (the misspelled ones).

Also, the other profile had the birth date set to "circa 1926", while the profile I had added had exact date. After merging, the exact date was discarded and replaced with "circa 1926".

So, how can I manage this?

Private User
7/19/2013 at 2:15 AM

Martin go to the profile view, actions menu, resolve data conflicts (if it shows - otherwise there are no conflicts to resolve). You'll get a screen which allows you to select the values. Depending on the direction of the "stack" or the weighted data, the "main" will be what shows, and will need resolving to the alternate values.

Data conflicts also appear in your merge center under that tab. I try and resolve conflicts at "merge time" while I have the source and can make the most accurate decision ....

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion