Sad News

Started by Danny "Dan" Drollinger on Friday, July 19, 2013

Participants:

Showing all 10 posts
7/19/2013 at 10:46 AM

One of our own has joined our work. It is my sad duty to report the death of Marvin Caulk, curator.
http://www.memorialchapelsandcrematory.com/obituaries/Marvin-Caulk/...

Although I never met Marvin face-to-face he was my mentor, my friend and but for one decision of mine; a friend I would have met. We served in the same field of Atomic Demolitions in Germany in the early '70's in different units. The Army decided to combine all those units into one, Marvin moved and I stayed put.

Rest in Peace among the One Tree. You know a lot of them by now. Goodbye old soldier.

7/19/2013 at 11:04 AM

RIP Marvin.. So sad Cancer is the enemy of the world, I know from experience. Fly with our Ancestors..

Private User
7/19/2013 at 11:21 AM

I was supposed to be his "Mentor" in curating but really it was the other way around. He was a great teacher.

Marvin was one of those people who can do anything they decide to do. He decided to include among his legacies his contributions to the one World Tree here on Geni, which represent a range of carrying on his uncle's family research back to the 10th century, to last year's Medal of Honor winners. He was particularly passionate about representations for our unsung heroes, such as the World War ll code talkers you're helping with, Danny -

http://www.geni.com/projects/Navajo-Code-Talkers/3216

Patricia what a lovely phrase, may I join you?

Fly with the ancestors, Marv.

7/19/2013 at 11:33 AM

@this is a sad day RIP Marvin you were one of my cousins in the Geni Family tree my dad died of Cancer.We will say Hi in Heaven someday your cousin Judy Rice RIP Marvin

Private User
7/19/2013 at 11:59 AM

I will always remember Marvin's unswerving dedication to honoring our ancestors and our military heroes. He answered endless questions, untangled knots in trees, and added wry, insightful comments to many discussions. I'll miss him.

Thank you for that perfect phrase, Patricia. Fly with our ancestors, Marvin, and thank you.

Private User
7/19/2013 at 12:00 PM

I will really miss Marvin. We worked on projects together, and he taught me so much, like how to add sources- even though I think I had been a curator longer than he had.

7/19/2013 at 12:22 PM

Captain my captain, 60 is too young. The Geni Curator Round- The- World- Cruise can never be the same without you in charge of the rum, and neither will the Curator group.
Salute my friend. Bravely borne, but still too bloody soon.
Fly with our ancestors, Marvin

7/19/2013 at 2:46 PM

Marv was my closest curator cousin by blood. And now he is the closest to my heart.

7/19/2013 at 3:05 PM

I'm so sad to hear this. I will always remember Marv and the wonderful contribution he made to all of our research.

7/23/2013 at 1:29 PM

We are saddened by the loss of one of the Geni family. Please join us in remembering Marvin http://www.geni.com/blog/remembering-marvin-caulk-380956.html

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion